The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I said on saturday "we could be playing Burnley next year..." and the guy next to me pointed out "but they could get promoted." :frown: LOL
Reply 861
:biggrin: I mock with affection!

You could be playing City, 3 wins on the bounce and third in the league. Yup, the words "early days" do come to mind :rolleyes:
brains
:biggrin: I mock with affection!

You could be playing City, 3 wins on the bounce and third in the league. Yup, the words "early days" do come to mind :rolleyes:

Anything could happen.... saturday was not a premiership team at Fratton Park.. its still early but that was worse than any game when we got relegated, we had no passion... :frown:

Luckily we were the same last year and ended up finishing 6th!
Reply 863
ciderpeter
So did the dingles enjoy being done over by an ex rover on the weekend then? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Did Rovers enjoy getting done by a guy who can't head the ball?
Carling cup at the moment, and a shock is on the cards. The live game on Sky Sports 1 Accrington are beating Notts Forest and they look comfortable
Ha ha. Av' that Calderwood.

For those that don't know, my name is Ben and I'm an 18 year old Northampton Town Season-Ticket holder who tries to attend all of our away games during the season too. I've posted on this thread previously but not for a long time....

Any QPR/Bristol City fans knocking about? Look out for Andy Kirk, the little magician is back in form!
Maan Stevenage have had a **** start to this season! :frown: Well gutting after our wicked season last time around!
It says on Sunderlands website that their about to bring in a world class manager. Knowing Sunderland it will be Souness
Poor Sunderland fans, they always knew Quinn wouldn't work. He is having to appease the fans now. I don't think the season could get any worse, especially being beaten by Bury.

All good for Barnet though :biggrin:
Picked up a couple of good players and should hopefully finish at least mid-table this year - yeah I know, optimism isn't a trait of mine.
Sunderland shouldn't blame Quinn for the poor start. It was going to happen whoever was in charge.

Orient v West Brom on TV tomorrow night. We did Fulham over last year, only lost to Charlton with an injury time deflected free kick: there is no reason why we cannot win this one! COME ON YOU O'S!
Well the 'world class manager' is said to be Roy Keane
I cant believe so many championship sides lost to League 2 teams, feel sorry for my girlfriend her team got slaughtered at home to Wrexham!!!!!!!!!
I can believe it. Sadly, it's the League Cup. The trend to field a weakened side has now gone past the Premiership, as they see it as a distraction.
Plenty of championship football today i think it's Sunderland and West Brom up first on Sky Sports 1 2.30pm
I support the Brentford!

We're still unbeaten this season... Well, 2 1-0 wins, 3 2-2 draws, and a 1-1 draw. We squeezed past Swindon in the Carling, and out *reward* is a visit from Luton. Although we have a fairly good record against the hatters in cup games!

I thought we'd be relegated when the season started. Jo Kuffour and Chris Moore look like quality finishers though, and Gavin Tomlin and Olafur Ingi Skulason are tricksy little midfielders.

any other Bees fans here?
We got a League One match now, Northampton vs Bristol City now on sky sports 2 both teams really need to win
Ha one Bristol City player got sent off for hitting and headbutting one of his own team players.
This requires a Bristol City anecdote.

At Bristol City vs. Brentford, one City fan was heard to shout at Stuart Nelson, Brentford's keeper, 'I f***ed your dead grandmother, Nelson.'

That counts as an insult in Bristol? Surely necrophilia is something to insult people with, not to admit taking part in the activity. He got a good dressing down from the Bees fans!

One of the best chants ever must be this, sung to a fat Oldham fan who was prancing about like a right twit. 'I predict a diet, say I predict a diet!'

Classic! Meanwhile, up the Northampton, down with the Robins!
(edited 13 years ago)
My fave chant is our one to Lee Steele. Our own player!

"HE'S BALD, HE'S SCOUSE! HE'S GONNA ROB YOUR HOUSE, LEE STEEEEEEELE, LEEEE STEEEEEELE"

Think I might have posted that on here before.
3-1 to Bristol City in the end but i reckon there will be an enquiry into the 2 players fighting each other.

Latest