The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bleh. Brentford. Why do I support them?

*goes to moan on the Brentford forums*
Swansea's match with Hartlepool is postponed due to the death of Hartlepool winger Michael Maidens in a road traffic accident :frown:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/7043096.stm
Great win for my team Barnet today, that's 8 league games unbeaten now and up to 5th in the table. When will this dream end?!
futuremanc
Great win for my team Barnet today, that's 8 league games unbeaten now and up to 5th in the table. When will this dream end?!

Shame the council won't fund them a new stadium, they really need one otherwise they might have a few problems as their current ground apparantly does not meet the football league requirements.

Really the council should pull their bloody finger out for them because things are looking promising on the field again for Barnet.
Car Expert
Swansea's match with Hartlepool is postponed due to the death of Hartlepool winger Michael Maidens in a road traffic accident :frown:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/7043096.stm

My god how tragic, he was only 20 as well :frown:
FA Cup 1st Round draw

Leeds and Forest have been drawn away to League 2 opposition: against Hereford and Lincoln respectively.

Yeovil are involved in a local derby against Torquay, Bristol Rovers travel to Leyton Orient, Luton entertain Brentford, Morecambe play Port Vale and the MK Dons visit Crewe.
The Yeovil and Torquay game has been picked for the BBC coverage. Have to say the fortunes of these two clubs has really changed. At one stage Torquay were well up in the Football League and Yeovil were down in the Conference, amazing how it's all changed.
Reply 1587
bjk
Orient 2nd in the table :smile: hopefully we'll finish higher this season than the last! we're not all the consistent to be honest, which is our problem..

Good to see another Orient fan here. :smile:

Leeds will obviously win League 1, and Nottingham Forest 2nd. There's still a chance of us getting a play off spot though, hopefully. If we finish above Southend I'll be happy.

TBH it will probably be like 3 (?) seasons ago, where we were near top at the start but ended up near bottom.

I'll be going home from uni tomorrow, so I'll be able to see Orient v. Oldham. My money's on Oldham winning 2-0, but I'll still be hoping Orient win of course.

EDIT: just realised I quoted someone writing back in 2005, whoops.
Simon Rigelsford
Good to see another Orient fan here. :smile:

Leeds will obviously win League 1, and Nottingham Forest 2nd. There's still a chance of us getting a play off spot though, hopefully. If we finish above Southend I'll be happy.

TBH it will probably be like 3 (?) seasons ago, where we were near top at the start but ended up near bottom.

I'll be going home from uni tomorrow, so I'll be able to see Orient v. Oldham. My money's on Oldham winning 2-0, but I'll still be hoping Orient win of course.

EDIT: just realised I quoted someone writing back in 2005, whoops.

I'm sure there's another Orient supporter lurking as well as the one you quoted.
Reply 1589
Rock Fan
I'm sure there's another Orient supporter lurking as well as the one you quoted.

Yep, found him on the last page. (Chonner.)
Rock Fan
That'll be me :smile:
Reply 1591
Woo! Huddersfield town! Came from 2 - 0 down to win! Hell yeah! :biggrin:
Leeds' unbeaten home record comes to an end after a 2-1 defeat to Bury in the Paint trophy.

League 1 leaders Carlisle lost 3-0 at home to Stockport.
Reply 1593
Car Expert
Leeds' unbeaten home record comes to an end after a 2-1 defeat to Bury in the Paint trophy.

... and first time they've failed to win for two games in a row (if that's phrased correctly). Unfortunately both were cup matches, but still, you would expect them to beat League 2 opposition. Hopefully their good form at the start of the season is coming to an end...

Odds on Leyton Orient winning League 1 are still 40/1 at William Hill. So a £5 bet on Orient winning League 1 AND Liverpool also winning the Premiership (odds for that 10/1) will win me £2,000. Sweet. *fingers crossed*
Stevey_W
Woo! Huddersfield town! Came from 2 - 0 down to win! Hell yeah! :biggrin:

Even better result last night for you against Swansea.

Leyton Orient against Brighton on sky right now.
Reply 1595
Rock Fan
Even better result last night for you against Swansea.

Leyton Orient against Brighton on sky right now.

Was a good result for us in the end. We haven't been great on the road so it is good to pick up a point. Still just outside the play off places so I reckon maybe we can get back into the championship soon. Just need to carry on and keep some consistency and we can get into the play offs.

Drawn against Swansea in the Johnstons Paint trophy though, will be tough. Have to play Carlisle at home next saturday too.
Reply 1596
and thanks to Brighton holding Orient we're still top :smile:
Brentford. Dear god, why do you allow us to exist?

We get a brilliant 1-1 draw with Luton in the cup, which we should've won, and then we lost 0-2 to bloody Darlington. Not looking forward to this weekend or the game against Luton next Tuesday in the slightest.
Quite a few shocks in the FA Cup 1st round replays:

Leeds 0-1 Hereford
Grimsby 1-0 Carlisle
Rotherham 0-3 Forest Green

The Bournemouth-Barrow game is into extra-time after a last minute penalty by Bournemouth. It'll be a real shame on Barrow if they lose now.

And Bournemouth go through after a goal in the last minute of extra-time.
I had to laugh at Rotherham losing 3-0 at home to Forest Green and also leeds losing to hereford.

Staines are currently beating Stockport, possible shock on here as well.

Latest