The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Moonbeam1991
But Dev is like a series of questions, like you have to be interviewed for your place in the group.

Do u actually go to dev?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
blondie89
Do u actually go to dev?

Nope but I have visited it on occasions been to a house party where people got sent away after 30mins due to the strictness of it. I had a few daytime and nightime insights into their life.

In conjunction, I know a person still there now unhappy but sweating it out and two who left, because of the nature of the enviroment there. One is happy in Clarence Dock now and the other, I forget where they went to live, sorry im only human.
Moonbeam1991
Nope but I have visited it on occasions been to a house party where people got sent away after 30mins due to the strictness of it. I had a few daytime and nightime insights into their life.

In conjunction, I know a person still there now unhappy but sweating it out and two who left, because of the nature of the enviroment there. One is happy in Clarence Dock now and the other, I forget where they went to live, sorry im only human.

Ok so do you think JBP is good then? is it sociable, well usually sociable?
SonnyCharlotte
Ok so do you think JBP is good then? is it sociable, well usually sociable?

JBP is ok yea, one of the better accomodation choices from the Uni ones, since its sub let private. Its just off of hyde park corner which is bustly and sociable and of course in the summer hyde park is sociable.

JBP isnt like near nightclubs though its going to be a bus everytime you want to go clubbing, unless its Halo or Uni Nightclubs. It does have a higher girl intake not sure why though. Its in a pretty green area though.

But I would say go Concept Place same interior just newer and better location closer to city centre for all the nightclubs, owned by same company UNITE and you dont have to go outside with your laundry. JBP is lots of little mini flat blocks like Lupton, its washing machines are nearby but outside in a seperate building, I believe.

Concept is all one building everything inside and you have Opal 1 and 2 and Liberty Parks and Sentinel towers and The Tannery all over the road. This means its a really bustley student area so its heaving for a social atmosphere. City centre clubs 10mins walk away or £2.70 taxi fare :wink:

But least with JBP you are walking distance to headingly etc. Not that Headingly is that big a deal when you get the city centre location of Concept Place. Also Concept is slightly closer to the Uni and but just a little further from hyde park.
Reply 24
your pretty biased towards concept place i notice :wink: lol. i havent really got that much of an idea but from what iv seen HP or JBP!! :smile: xxx
bethyyy
your pretty biased towards concept place i notice :wink: lol. i havent really got that much of an idea but from what iv seen HP or JBP!! :smile: xxx

Simply because its the newest out of Unite properties in Leeds, apart from the highly priced Sky Plaza. Concept is also slightly bigger rooms and newer so its common sense that its going to be nicer than JBP, with the added benefit of being near City and Uni. It also has two parks nearby for green areas to study in the summer.

Its not really bias when you logical weigh it up its common sense it will be better, also if you book Concept only available via UNITE the company you are guaranteed this is where you will come, not get chucked into accomodation you dont like. Its also cheaper than JBP, Concept is £97 for an en suite instead of £104-112 at JBP.

JBP has not one factor over Concept apart from being closer to Headingly, which for most is not a big deal when you have the city. Headingly is a cheaper location usually... It's a weaker alternative to the city centre, it has nothing the city centre doesnt as a student.

You could say bias or you could say logic and common sense. Considering Concept is getting a full maintainance this year, despite it being the 2nd year its going to be kept the nicest out of Unite properties.

JBP is nice too id live there, but im just saying its that bit better here thats all :wink:

Latest