The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Acommodation Questions

Welcome to the thread for University of Leeds Accommodation Questions for those heading there in 2020. :banana:

Here you can discuss about which halls suit you the best, as well as get answers to any other questions you may have about accommodation in Leeds. :smile:

You might even find some of your future flatmates here! :biggrin:

Volunteer Note: Please don't use this (or any other) thread to share social media details or information about group chats. This isn't allowed on TSR in order to protect all users, if you post information about your instagram, snapchat, email etc. then it will be edited out.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
so i'm set to go to the university of leeds this year (if corona doesn't ruin things!) but i'm having a hard time choosing my accommodation and was wondering if someone at leeds / has been to leeds could help me out?

i am looking for an en-suite accommodation that has a sociable vibe (something that isn't too quiet where making new friends will be easy), i would prefer it to be on the cheaper side too so i don't waste all of my student loan as i don't get much!

any help would be appreciated :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I’m going to leeds too hopefully this year! So i can’t really be of much help, i was just gonna say that if you want to save some money maybe consider choosing shared bathroom (unless it’s not really an option for yourself ofcourse)?? I did go to leeds uni on open day but didn’t see any en suite accommodation as i am going for shared myself. I just know it’s pretty expensive to get an en suite, especially if you want to be close to campus.
Reply 3
Original post by e2002!
I’m going to leeds too hopefully this year! So i can’t really be of much help, i was just gonna say that if you want to save some money maybe consider choosing shared bathroom (unless it’s not really an option for yourself ofcourse)?? I did go to leeds uni on open day but didn’t see any en suite accommodation as i am going for shared myself. I just know it’s pretty expensive to get an en suite, especially if you want to be close to campus.

yeah i went to the open day too but didn't fancy any of the accommodations that were being shown, i was relying on the accommodation day to make my mind up but unfortunately that isn't happening anymore!
Which uni accomodation is the most sociable and high quality?
Reply 5
I applied for Oxley because although it's about a 40 min walk from uni (10-15 min by bus) it's the cheapest and apparently it's sociable and the facilities are the best that I found out of all the accommodations imo. I've also gone for an en-suite which is fairly easy to get at Oxley.
Original post by zembahhh
so i'm set to go to the university of leeds this year (if corona doesn't ruin things!) but i'm having a hard time choosing my accommodation and was wondering if someone at leeds / has been to leeds could help me out?

i am looking for an en-suite accommodation that has a sociable vibe (something that isn't too quiet where making new friends will be easy), i would prefer it to be on the cheaper side too so i don't waste all of my student loan as i don't get much!

any help would be appreciated :smile:

Take a look at Carr Mills, Leodis or iQ if your budget for accomodation is low.
I'm looking at accommodation too
Reply 8
Hi Laura I’m looking at accommodation at Leeds university and would preferably like self accommodation and en suite. Where would u recommend that is fairly near to uni and the city and is sociable? X
firmed leeds but not sure what accomodation to go for!! like james baille but don’t want to go for it as it’s oversubscribed, thinking of leodis? what have other people gone for?
prolly choosing leodis myself but not too certain
Hi everyone I've firmed economics (kmn) at Leeds now but am struggling to choose what accomodation I want - can anyone help.
I've firmed uni of Leeds for accounting and finance. I'm struggling to figure out which accommodation I want to live in. I want somewhere that is quite sociable in order to make friends easily. I'm avoiding central village 'cause I've heard it's not social. Which ones would you recommend for first years?
Original post by lostboyirwinn
I've firmed uni of Leeds for accounting and finance. I'm struggling to figure out which accommodation I want to live in. I want somewhere that is quite sociable in order to make friends easily. I'm avoiding central village 'cause I've heard it's not social. Which ones would you recommend for first years?

James Bailie is the most social IMO.
Original post by Monztercock69
Hi everyone I've firmed economics (kmn) at Leeds now but am struggling to choose what accomodation I want - can anyone help.

What do you prioritise in regards to accomodation? Location? Socialness? Price?
Reply 15
Original post by tango4723
firmed leeds but not sure what accomodation to go for!! like james baille but don’t want to go for it as it’s oversubscribed, thinking of leodis? what have other people gone for?

Yehh I was thinking Leodis too it seems alright
Original post by RoyalSheepy
What do you prioritise in regards to accomodation? Location? Socialness? Price?

socialness is important like to be around people but also ideally not too far from the important spots (town centre, campus)
Original post by Monztercock69
socialness is important like to be around people but also ideally not too far from the important spots (town centre, campus)

What will you be studying? (What's the faculty you'll be based in?)

By the sounds of it, Central Village could be the best one for you if you want to be close to Trinity, Merrion Centre and other shopping places around there whilst still being very much on campus.

(Train station is also a complete straight walk down for about 10 mins)
I’m also struggling to choose accommodation. I will be studying economics. Wanted something close to campus, with an en suite and something sociable. I was planning to go with central village but I heard it isn’t sociable at all. Any recommendations?
Original post by obak
hi I'm looking for accommodation and stuck between James Baillie and Montague Burton. I really like JB but am worried that as its oversubscribed I may not get it. Do you know if Montague Burton is good socially?

I lived in Monty B this year and I loved it - it was really sociable, the new common room will be open from next year as well! closer to uni and less oversubscribed than James Baille as well

Quick Reply

Latest