The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Accomodation!

Hi,

I have a place to study medicine with a foundation year in September.I was wondering what accommodation should I look at? I’m hoping for something close to the worsley buildi n where the teaching will be so some near there would be great! Also, any private dorms (owned externally) would also be great.

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey i’ve got the same offer! was looking at accoms too. did you happen to find any because i’ve got no idea about any of them lol
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Charles Morris, Central Village and City side are the closest to the Worsley building.Their good accomodations but are a bit more expensive since their on campus. Henry Price would be a good alternative since it's cheaper but slightly further away from where you might want (closer to the union though).
Reply 3
Original post by amber_louise1012
Hi,

I have a place to study medicine with a foundation year in September.I was wondering what accommodation should I look at? I’m hoping for something close to the worsley buildi n where the teaching will be so some near there would be great! Also, any private dorms (owned externally) would also be great.

Thank you!
Have you been sent an official offer letter or invitation to an offer holder day? I am still waiting for one - I did email them and they said they will not be doing a specific medicine one so a bit unsure whether an official letter with more info will arrive? Do you know if we firm them how soon accomodation needs to be booked?
Original post by B3((a
Charles Morris, Central Village and City side are the closest to the Worsley building.Their good accomodations but are a bit more expensive since their on campus. Henry Price would be a good alternative since it's cheaper but slightly further away from where you might want (closer to the union though).
Thanks. How soon after we accept the offer do we need to choose the accomodation?
I've been considering applying for White Rose View. Absolutely gorgeous and new! It's about 10~ min walk from campus, but its in the city centre. There's a few guided tours on YouTube put together by students staying there. Check it out 😊
Closest to that building you have Leodis which im currently in (£166pw) and also central village and cityside- ive visited both and they are nice rooms and everyones very social! Just opposite them is Carlton Hill which is defo on the more expensive side but is soooo nice and not a far walk from town either.
Hi,
Thank you!
Hi this isn’t related to accommodation but I just wanted to ask you more about your foundation course.

Did you apply for it in y13 and any advice for me Im y12
And looking to do a foundation course. Also how many Unis did you apply to with Foundation instead of undergrad. Thanks
Hi, I will be studying Business Management with Marketing in September, what is the nearest accommodation to this? TIA
Hi,
Thank you!

hi! congrats on ur offer, ive firmed leeds for med too! im in the same position wondering abt accom, what did you choose? x ones ive looked at are central village and leodis, just weighing up whether the extra money is worth it for cv
Hi is anyone thinking of applying to carlton hill?
Original post by recent-paperback
Hi is anyone thinking of applying to carlton hill?

I was thinking of Carlton Hill but haven’t seen many people mention it! I’m trying to decide if it’s worth the extra £££ but it looks really nice
Original post by alisparrow
Closest to that building you have Leodis which im currently in (£166pw) and also central village and cityside- ive visited both and they are nice rooms and everyones very social! Just opposite them is Carlton Hill which is defo on the more expensive side but is soooo nice and not a far walk from town either.

Hey!! I'm thinking of putting down Leodis for accomodation. How are you finding it e.g social life, the room itself and the people? x Because I can't decide between Henry price or Leodis!
Original post by lilypod244
Hey!! I'm thinking of putting down Leodis for accomodation. How are you finding it e.g social life, the room itself and the people? x Because I can't decide between Henry price or Leodis!

hey im thinking abt leodis aswell, is there one ur leaning towards over the other out of the 2? i think leodis looks good but ppl keep saying the silverfish infestation is rly bad there which puts me off 😭
Original post by Anonymous
hey im thinking abt leodis aswell, is there one ur leaning towards over the other out of the 2? i think leodis looks good but ppl keep saying the silverfish infestation is rly bad there which puts me off 😭

Hey!!! Ahahah yes I've also heard about the silverfish but hoping that's not the case (fingers crossed) But I am leaning towards Leodis actually !!! Also since its so massive, less likely for it to be oversubscribed so more likely to get a place there :smile:)
Hi,
Thank you!

Hey I’m selling my accommodation room for 2024-2025 as I would like to move out of Leeds. It’s a newly built student accommodation in 2023 and it’s an en suite room. It’s literally close to city centre( walking distance) so if you were interested I could give you my socials to show u the room and tell u about the accommodation in more detail
Original post by lilypod244
Hey!!! Ahahah yes I've also heard about the silverfish but hoping that's not the case (fingers crossed) But I am leaning towards Leodis actually !!! Also since its so massive, less likely for it to be oversubscribed so more likely to get a place there :smile:)
yeahhh i rly dont want to have it too bad like ik most accoms have the odd silverfish here and there but not loads ahaha
Thats exactly the logic i have w it aswell! Would be cool if we both ended up there! What course are u studying? x
Original post by Abidah.xo
Hey I’m selling my accommodation room for 2024-2025 as I would like to move out of Leeds. It’s a newly built student accommodation in 2023 and it’s an en suite room. It’s literally close to city centre( walking distance) so if you were interested I could give you my socials to show u the room and tell u about the accommodation in more detail

Hello, how much per week?
Hello, how much per week?

It’s 180 per week. I can give you my instagram which is abidah.xo and I can send you what it’s called and pictures of the accomm xx
yeahhh i rly dont want to have it too bad like ik most accoms have the odd silverfish here and there but not loads ahaha
Thats exactly the logic i have w it aswell! Would be cool if we both ended up there! What course are u studying? x

Yeah I’ve heard most accom had some sort of silverfish situation. Yeah ahaha it would be cool if we ended up in the same accom!!

I’m studying International Relations and French! What about you?!

Quick Reply

Latest