The Student Room Group

University of Leeds or University of Leicester or City University for Electrical & El

Poll

Which University would you recommend for Electrical & Electronics Engineering?

Hi. I am Shahbaz from Pakistan and got an offer (in year 1) from University of Leeds, University of Leicester & City University London for Electrical & Electronics Engineering..
I wanted to know that which university is more practicals based?? Coz I'm not very good at theories n stuff..
And why isnt Leicester ranked in any of the subject tables???
Oh and out of these 3 universities.. which should be my Firm Choice n which one should be my Insurance Choice??
Thanksss!!! :smile:

P.S: Just to give you an idea.. My O levels went superb,,, A levels went "**&!~_+%(_^*%" (I guess you got the idea!).. University of Southampton rejected me (As expected!) and now I am a 1st year undergrad student of Electrical Engineering)
Reply 1
Guyz I need some suggestions... Thanks
If you want something practical based without too much theory then engineering isn't for you.
Reply 3
Oh... That was surprising!!!... Because I thought that Engineering is mostly practical stuff... Maybe not a lot during studies but later it is...
Then which fields do you think are more practical based while at the same time relating to science...???
What exactly do you mean you thought that engineering as mostly practical stuff - what do you think practical stuff is?
Reply 5
By practical stuff I meant applying technical and scientific knowledge to solve problems or make new things... Like after every lecture or two, we should be shown the practical application of it not just left to study books all the time...

You see I am doing Electrical Engineering at the moment... and I find it very bookish n boring except for a practical here and there and the final project offcourse... You know like civil and mechanical... they seem to be more practical..
Well yeah in that case engineering is practical, then. I don't know about where you study but in my course, mechanical, the questions are almost always geared towards real life situations.
Reply 7
Im studying in Pakistan... and unfortunately(mostly) they emphasize on pure theories and rote learning etc... Thats why I've applied for UK... Mostly because I had the taste of O/A Levels and I just love that system coz its sooo relevant and applications based...
So what do you think about Leeds and Leicester???
I don't know anything about Leeds or Leicester.
Reply 9
Okayy.. Nevermind...
And Thank you for replying :smile:

Latest