The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
WildStriker
If you get for example 80 or 90 credits, can you still move to the second year and redo the modules?

I doubt it, it's not enough. If you validate 80 or 90 credits, they will enter you for resits in summer, and depending on the results of your resits they'll decide whether to let you go on your second year. If you fail those resits, it's likely that you'll have to redo your first year. If you pass most resits but fail one, they may let you go on your second year and you'll have to compensate by retaking the module, or they may decide to make you redo the year, but as usual, it depends on your university, and I'm pretty sure the policy handbooks will explain it all better than me, plus I may not be right :holmes:
Reply 21
Anatheme
I doubt it, it's not enough. If you validate 80 or 90 credits, they will enter you for resits in summer, and depending on the results of your resits they'll decide whether to let you go on your second year. If you fail those resits, it's likely that you'll have to redo your first year. If you pass most resits but fail one, they may let you go on your second year and you'll have to compensate by retaking the module, or they may decide to make you redo the year, but as usual, it depends on your university, and I'm pretty sure the policy handbooks will explain it all better than me, plus I may not be right :holmes:

I thought it was universal for universities to allow students to redo modules up to three times.
Reply 22
WildStriker
I thought it was universal for universities to allow students to redo modules up to three times.

Errr, mine definitely doesn't let you do that, and some like Edinburgh don't even offer resits, so careful what you do with your exams…

Latest

Trending

Trending