The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Fleece
well then what you want them to do.

Be born good looking. :p:
Reply 21
susiemakemeblue
I know, they think they're so cool, but really the only people not wishing they were tucked up in bed like they should be are the dirty old men.

Agreed! I was out in Bristol at the weekend, and the amount of underage chavs I saw was unbelievable. I saw three really tarty looking girls walking away from Lloyds on the Waterfront (presumably having been turned away) and the bit of their conversation I heard went like this:

"Tania, for ****'s sake, you shoulda worn summit lower-cut, like"

When will they learn?! :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you're going to wear heels when you're clubbing, make sure you can actually walk in them. I saw this girl waddling around on Saturday because her heels were too high, so she looked like a total idiot!

Other than that, I just wear a nice top and jeans or a denim mini :smile:
amie
Agreed! I was out in Bristol at the weekend, and the amount of underage chavs I saw was unbelievable. I saw three really tarty looking girls walking away from Lloyds on the Waterfront (presumably having been turned away) and the bit of their conversation I heard went like this:

"Tania, for ****'s sake, you shoulda worn summit lower-cut, like"

When will they learn?! :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you're going to wear heels when you're clubbing, make sure you can actually walk in them. I saw this girl waddling around on Saturday because her heels were too high, so she looked like a total idiot!

Other than that, I just wear a nice top and jeans or a denim mini :smile:

Bugger.....I'm going to live in Bristol next month.....
do u ever wear those t-shirts with crew neck, short sleeves in a plain color with jeans, or does that look too casual for girls and boring??

also do u think beige cordroy trousers are too casual??
Reply 24
susiemakemeblue
Bugger.....I'm going to live in Bristol next month.....

My boyfriend goes to Bristol university and his general rule is to never go out clubbing at the weekends! Not only do you get more chavs out, but its more expensive too. One club we nearly went to on Saturday (can't remember what it was called, it was on the Waterfront though) cost £7 to get in!

The nightlife is pretty good though, I had a good time anyway :smile:
Reply 25
thecustardqueen
do u ever wear those t-shirts with crew neck, short sleeves in a plain color with jeans, or does that look too casual for girls and boring??

i'd say that was too casual, but i usually wear a plain crew neck short sleeeve shirt with a nice knee length a-line skirt or so...
Reply 26
Pfft. Underage people vary from place to place. Where I live, we poor underage types know to behave very well in clubs, or else next time they ID you. I remember once, being smashed into by a drunk girl in a tiny skirt. Turned out it was a legless upper 6th from my school. ID but no sense... so it does vary.

Anyway... I tend to wear something that covers up a bit, so as not to get heckled. Wedges because more comfort than heals, and always a cute jacket because of the cold.
amie
My boyfriend goes to Bristol university and his general rule is to never go out clubbing at the weekends! Not only do you get more chavs out, but its more expensive too. One club we nearly went to on Saturday (can't remember what it was called, it was on the Waterfront though) cost £7 to get in!

The nightlife is pretty good though, I had a good time anyway :smile:

Well I'll have about 6 hours of lectures a week, so clubbing on weeknights shouldn't be a problem! Which leaves the weekends for relaxing in front of the TV and shopping. :smile:

What's the city like in general?
Reply 28
Yes, same applies here.....Most nightclubs here are hot on ID.
Reply 29
susiemakemeblue
Well I'll have about 6 hours of lectures a week, so clubbing on weeknights shouldn't be a problem! Which leaves the weekends for relaxing in front of the TV and shopping. :smile:

What's the city like in general?

6 hours?! Lucky you!

Personally, I quite like Bristol. Its a proper student city! Good shopping, good nightlife and pretty cheap! The only thing I found when staying with the boyf is how far his halls (Badock) were from, well, everything! Its quite a long walk across the downs to the all the good clubs, bars and shops but there are buses and stuff so its not too much of a problem. Its a long walk from there to the train station though, and it does take quite a while to walk to some of the university buildings (I'm not sure which ones though, I don't know much about the uni side of things!).

Its a very hilly place, which I hate because it takes more effort to walk places haha. And also, it had some outdoor urinals on Saturday night which I think are pretty gross.

Other than that, its a great place for students and you'll have a wicked time :smile:
amie
6 hours?! Lucky you!

Personally, I quite like Bristol. Its a proper student city! Good shopping, good nightlife and pretty cheap! The only thing I found when staying with the boyf is how far his halls (Badock) were from, well, everything! Its quite a long walk across the downs to the all the good clubs, bars and shops but there are buses and stuff so its not too much of a problem. Its a long walk from there to the train station though, and it does take quite a while to walk to some of the university buildings (I'm not sure which ones though, I don't know much about the uni side of things!).

Its a very hilly place, which I hate because it takes more effort to walk places haha. And also, it had some outdoor urinals on Saturday night which I think are pretty gross.

Other than that, its a great place for students and you'll have a wicked time :smile:

I'm out in Stoke Bishop too, but I'm not in Badock Hall. How long did it take to walk into Bristol?
can sum1 plz answer my query.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thecustardqueen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somebody did.... :rolleyes:

Personally I wouldn't wear cords out clubbing. As a general rule, if you're wearing something comfortable, you probably look wrong. Sad but true. If you can find nice looking flats or flip flops, it's definitely an investment though. Heels can be a killer.
Reply 33
susiemakemeblue
I'm out in Stoke Bishop too, but I'm not in Badock Hall. How long did it take to walk into Bristol?

Hmm...I haven't actually done the walk since about April when I last stayed with him in his halls (he's in his house closer to the centre now), but as far as I remember it was something like half an hour, maybe forty five minutes? Not too long I guess, but I'm lazy so any purposeful walk longer than 20 minutes for me is too long!

I suppose it all depends on the circumstances though, the first time I stayed with him he met me at Temple Meads and it took us a full hour and forty five minutes to get to Badock, because he had his damned bike, it was raining and it was all uphill! :frown:
Reply 34
thecustardqueen

I think a T-shirt and jeans is too casual, personally. Although those double layer kind of racer back vests that they sell in Oasis/Topshop/New Look can look good if you accessorize it well or wear it with a sequined shrug.

Also, I don't think I'd ever wear cords out clubbing, and definitely not beige ones :smile:

Edit: If you're looking for something comfortable to wear out, why not try a pair of the knee length shorts in the shops at the moment with a pair of sequined flat shoes, a nice top and some accessories?
amie
Hmm...I haven't actually done the walk since about April when I last stayed with him in his halls (he's in his house closer to the centre now), but as far as I remember it was something like half an hour, maybe forty five minutes? Not too long I guess, but I'm lazy so any purposeful walk longer than 20 minutes for me is too long!

I suppose it all depends on the circumstances though, the first time I stayed with him he met me at Temple Meads and it took us a full hour and forty five minutes to get to Badock, because he had his damned bike, it was raining and it was all uphill! :frown:

Oh, Temple Meads is miles away. I think Clifton Down station is in Whiteladies Road. I might have to research the time and cost of trains between Temple Meads and Clifton Down.

Jimmy, Immy or whatever your name is...

Stop digging.
Immy
I'm not even doing anything yet you persist in trying to start an argument. It's obvious you're an unhappy child.

:confused:

All people who 'start' arguments = unhappy children.
Reply 37
i used to go for the whole short skirt high heel thing.. but i dont anymore..usually coz i go out too much and have lost effort!
I usually go for jeans and flats with a black holterneck.. I make effort usually only for school disco nights
Reply 38
fairygirl21
:confused:

All people who 'start' arguments = unhappy children.

I think i'm going to have to agree with you there, fairygirl. :smile:
Reply 39
Immy
I think i'm going to have to agree with you there, fairygirl. :smile:

i think she was taking the mickey.

Latest