The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I wouldn't say that I have a typical clubbing outfit, but I can think of a few recent/frequently worn ones:

1) Black sleeveless wrap dress, really shows off cleavage but knee length with 5-inch heels silver T-bar sandals - both from Topshop last winter but still faves in my wardrobe

2) Denim mini, black tights, gold flat shoes (lush ones from Shelly's with flowers on top) and a t-shirt (prob a band one or just plain black - I go to indie nights mainly)

3) Black with white polka dots short ra-ra skirt (ancient from New Look but quite cute), quite low v-neck turquoise t-shirt, stilettos

I like heels! And skirts. I never wear trousers out, mainly because I only have one pair of scruffy jeans and one pair of black trousers - no nice trousers to wear out. I used to wear jeans and floaty spangly tops when I was younger.
Reply 81
at uni i always wear jeans and a pretty top, which kinda annoys me cos sometimes i want to dress up but then you just look overdressed...

at home, no one wears jeans to go out, i nearly always wear a little skirt and a top and heels (quite often boots)

lou xxx
Jeans and a halter mostly. Or a skirt and ok-ish top. With heels or pretty flats :smile: Although most ppl look like sluts when they wear a miniskirt and revealing top, some ppl can just pull it off and look nice I think! Not slutty, just pretty. Ooh and dangly earrings are a must have for me..I feel naked without them :P Oh but I HATE seeing ppls belly buttons, it reminds me of what ppl used to do in like year 7 or something.
Reply 83
i say cover yourself up-as so many girls dress skimpy you'll stand out!
If you show a university ID (that doesn't have your age on it) at a club or a bar that checks IDs, will they assume that you're 18+?

Cause I'll be 17 for my first few months of uni, and I'm worried I'll be totally left-out socially if i can't get in any place :s-smilie:
Reply 85
morningtheft
If you show a university ID (that doesn't have your age on it) at a club or a bar that checks IDs, will they assume that you're 18+?

Cause I'll be 17 for my first few months of uni, and I'm worried I'll be totally left-out socially if i can't get in any place :s-smilie:

Some places - but if you look really young, especially at the student union where they will know that it isn't proof of age, they might say they need something with your age on. And some bars only accept a passport or driving license. But you might be OK - I've been going out since I was 15 and rarely got ID'd even at posh places!
I wear jeans all the time. Sometimes a skirt or capris, depending on the weather. And a nice cute top. Depending on how I feel, I either wear heels (but not too often) or ballet flats or even sneakers!

Latest