The Student Room Group

should pale girls just get a tan?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Pale girls are hotter than tanned girls. Fact.
It's much better to be pale, IMO. :smile:
no pale skinned brunnetes can look amazing.....:coma:
and a tanned ginger looks just wrong!!!!!!!!
Reply 63
rebecca_george
im really pale, and I burn when in the sun, should I try a bit of false tan to fit in with the summer? its really hard to pull of shorts and skirts when my legs are ghost like. but however I do not want to look orange.

Don't wear fake tan, it smells like cornflakes.

Get something like johnsons or garnier moisturisers with a gradual tan thingy :smile: they work amazingly.

I naturally have a medium skin tone so I look an awful greyish colour in the winter, so I use it over like christmas time - johnsons one is the best for me. Try a few though because one might be orange on you and one might be perfect :smile:

Good luck.
I think you should just be happy with what you are and tbf **** what anyone else may think or whatever they may say to you. Skin cancer or being an oompa loompa... doesn't really sound so appealing.

Also, in countries like Thailand a lot of body creams etc have chemicals to make skin whiter, like over here there's creams to make you browner...
I like being pale however my legs look very blotchy and almost grey/blue sometimes so a couple of times a week I used the garnier summer body stuff. I use the light one so it just makes me look like I have a bit of a glow rather than looking tanned. Masks the blotchy terrible skin too :smile:
Reply 66
I wish I were pale. :frown: I think I'm so much prettier in winter when my skin is paler, but I tan so quickly that pretty much the only way I can avoid getting a tan in the summer would be to wear 100% sunblock, cover my entire body in a sheet or something and carry a parasol. Which I really can't be bothered to do. So I'm stuck getting an icky tan and pining for my pretty winter paleness.

I definitely wouldn't recommend fake tanning. In my experience it always looks fake and gross.
Reply 67
Please don't; worthy guys are really put off by fake tans.

Trust me.
Paleness ftw.
i'm naturally tanned & tan really easily. i think that some people should get a tan as it doesn't really suit them & maybe makes them look ill, but for others a pale complexion suits them & a tan would look strange on them. it all depends on your complexion, i'd say give it go. It's better to try something rather than not do anything :smile:
Noooo, don't do it.

I'm so pale I become a reflective surface in the sun; it's all good. :cool:
Reply 71
i dont like tanning much hence why i am inside on such a sunny day!!
fake tan always looks...fake..
the whole satsuma look is a real turn off..
I stay pale =) Never used fake tan in my life, and don't plan to. I just burn. Although I did go on a cruise over Easter and got a bit brown, so something worked there. It's all gone now though, having to stay inside whilst revising =P
Pale is the way forward! Though I might be slightly biased, seeing as even number 1 in foundation is too dark for me :P. When I went out in the bright sun this morning and looked down at my legs, it KILLED my eyes because my body had gone luminous with whiteness hahaha.

I think people should just stick to their natural skin tones, really :smile:.
I'm pale (got it from my Irish side) :smile:
I live in Thailand and most Thai people love pale skin.

I have one friend who says I'm too pale and that I should get a tan - I don't burn but it takes a while for me to change colour... and it only changes slightly; but I hardly ever go lie in the sun.

I used to feel uncomfortable about how pale I looked because I always felt that my tanned friends looked way prettier but now I embrace it and I'm not that bothered about my skin colour.

I think people are more attractive when they're confident in their selves.

So I'd say no to getting a tan.
Reply 76
Absolutely not. Pale is awesome! And tan lines are not attractive. Don't put yourself at risk of skin cancer in order to fit in with what is deemed 'attractive' by media.

I have exactly the same problem with breast augmentation. Be natural* girls, we like it!

*-This does not extend to
excessive body hair!
No :lolwut:
I've been thinking about this-I might get that bronze moisturiser which is supposed to build up a slight tan just so you don't look deathly white. I don't think there's any need for a big tan though-pale used to be the ultimate thing to achieve! Black people are so proud of their skin colour and I think we should be the same about our pale skin!
The short answer: No.
The long answer: What the **** bitch? No.

Quick Reply

Latest