The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

id advice u to not get the louis

spend that money on another designer such as birken bag-hermes birken(sp?)
or a Dior-they do really nice bags
Reply 21
how old is she? the hermes bags are very hard to get hold of so if u want one soon chances are u aint guna gat one, thats similar for a lot of the major designers such as Dior
Reply 22
Don't even think about gettin a dior logo bag, ther are the chavviest of the chav! If I see one more twelve year old with a fake one i'll scream :rolleyes:
rach1986
Don't even think about gettin a dior logo bag, ther are the chavviest of the chav! If I see one more twelve year old with a fake one i'll scream :rolleyes:

lol i have not seen any fake dior bags

but yeah dont get anythin with obvious logos-tackville

there are other designers like marc jacobs, fendi-but thats if you're willing to spend a bomb
Reply 24
ComebackQueen
lol i have not seen any fake dior bags

but yeah dont get anythin with obvious logos-tackville

there are other designers like marc jacobs, fendi-but thats if you're willing to spend a bomb

Oh, the fake 'dior girly' bags are rife where i live :rolleyes:
Reply 25
why does it have to be designer?! whats wrong with good old bags from Topshop/Jane Norman -£10-£20 Jobs a goodun!!!
Reply 26
Nicki P
why does it have to be designer?! whats wrong with good old bags from Topshop/Jane Norman -£10-£20 Jobs a goodun!!!

Exactly. I'm sure his girlfriend will appreciate a nice bag regardless of whether it cost him £30 or £300.
Reply 27
Fiorelli - eps their Moda range. Less chavvy!
Reply 28
(Its Da_head1, can't login in normally for sum reason)

Well, i'm going to uni and i'm planning a surprise trip to london's west end as like a farewell thing... but firstly i was going to get her a (surprise) dress to wear when we got down there but she dropped a bomb yesterday saying "don't ever buy me clothes i'm way picky"

so i thought ok, maybe a really nice bag. You know, she can keep it for ages so for and thought it would be cool to get her a special one.
Reply 29
rach1986
Exactly. I'm sure his girlfriend will appreciate a nice bag regardless of whether it cost him £30 or £300.

yeah, its the thought that counts not the label or the cost :smile:
Reply 30
So, i'm getting the Mulberry vibe going on here :smile: Yeah come to think of it Louis Vuitton does have the logo plastered all over it. I was going to go for the brown canvas one ya know "the one everyones got." lol I don't really want to go over £350 will that amount get a nice Mulberry?
Da_Head
So, i'm getting the Mulberry vibe going on here :smile: Yeah come to think of it Louis Vuitton does have the logo plastered all over it. I was going to go for the brown canvas one ya know "the one everyones got." lol I don't really want to go over £350 will that amount get a nice Mulberry?

It would probably be more, maybe a classic Dior bag would be better. Make sure you don't get an 'in season' design because it'll date quickly, get a Classic (but not old-lady ish) design from a classy designer and she will be chuffed. Or you could take her with you, ruins the surprise yes but at least she'll get what she wants...
Reply 32
Da_Head1
but is it footballers wives sort of purchase or chavvy?
(i know thats a bit snobbish but she's the exact opposite)

any info aprreciated, thanks
D_H1

footballers wives = chavvy. so yes its a footballers wives sort of purchase AND chavvy. Even if its a real one :smile:
Reply 33
i wouldn't get louis vuitton, to be honest, i think their designs are a bit passé, and there are loads of fakes around too. go for chanel or chloe!!!
Reply 34
Fluffy
Fiorelli - eps their Moda range. Less chavvy!

yeah i was gonna suggest fiorelli, they do some nice bags, go to debenhams they have loads.
Reply 35
jenniferH
how old is she? the hermes bags are very hard to get hold of so if u want one soon chances are u aint guna gat one, thats similar for a lot of the major designers such as Dior

I think the price would be the problem with a hermes- £4000 is a bit much. :smile:

Chanel have some nice evening bags but are about £600 but a bit basic.

Dior have some very nice bags if you like CD, and are around £500-1000.

Louis Vuitton are also in the same price range but are faked far too often. :frown:

As some people have said, designers like Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Mulberry and Jimmy Choo do some nice bags too.

(I've become a bag expert after being forced around Cannes, Monte Carlo, Paris, Dubai and London for the last two weeks :smile: )
Reply 36
If you want to really blow her away with a seriously nice, but not chavvy bag (for chavvy read LV, mulberry, anything that's 'signature print') then get her a Marc Jacobs bag. I would kill for one!
Reply 37
Actually - if you go for Marc Jacobs, they're so cheap in New York you could probably afford to fly her out there to choose her own too :smile:
Reply 38
Trier
I think the price would be the problem with a hermes- £4000 is a bit much. :smile:

Chanel have some nice evening bags but are about £600 but a bit basic.

Dior have some very nice bags if you like CD, and are around £500-1000.

Louis Vuitton are also in the same price range but are faked far too often. :frown:

As some people have said, designers like Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Mulberry and Jimmy Choo do some nice bags too.

(I've become a bag expert after being forced around Cannes, Monte Carlo, Paris, Dubai and London for the last two weeks :smile: )

I was also in Paris this summer and got a gorge Hermes bag for only 2000 (i say only but that is relatively cheep for a hermes) but the price was cut because i had to wait a while as loadsa ppl want them!
Reply 39
Da_Head
(Its Da_head1, can't login in normally for sum reason)

Well, i'm going to uni and i'm planning a surprise trip to london's west end as like a farewell thing... but firstly i was going to get her a (surprise) dress to wear when we got down there but she dropped a bomb yesterday saying "don't ever buy me clothes i'm way picky"

so i thought ok, maybe a really nice bag. You know, she can keep it for ages so for and thought it would be cool to get her a special one.

if shes picky about clothes, i'm betting she's picky about bags too :p:

Latest