The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
yeah cus a bag can make or break an outfit!!
Reply 41
jenniferH
I was also in Paris this summer and got a gorge Hermes bag for only 2000 (i say only but that is relatively cheep for a hermes) but the price was cut because i had to wait a while as loadsa ppl want them!

Yes, you can get them somewhat cheaper if you order them.

But for the Birkin bag- we were told it would take about 3 years. :frown:
Reply 42
jenniferH
I was also in Paris this summer and got a gorge Hermes bag for only 2000 (i say only but that is relatively cheep for a hermes) but the price was cut because i had to wait a while as loadsa ppl want them!

u spent £2000 on a bag? What a waste...
Reply 43
It did
Reply 44
I have a LV bag but i don't use it anymore because everyone seems to have one and theres loads of fakes. I like the original "monogram canvas" design but the multicoloure and cherry blossom ones look a bit tacky.
Reply 45
Why don't you take her to a shop and say "choose one" or something... Then she can get something she'll really love! And also... check out www.elxury.com they have great handbags on there! I personally despise the Louis Vuitton thing now :s-smilie:
i LOVE the rasta design Dior bags! oooh
Reply 46
Another good alternative is moschino's cheap and chic line, they do fantastic bags and are really stunning, they aren't that expensive either. Personally I think you should go for Chloe or something like that, as someone said check out net-a-porter their stuff is amazing.... all the best for picking the right bag, and whether it's THE bag she wants, she's got to love you for all the thought that you've put it, let alone the money!!!
Reply 47
louis vuitton does have a kinda chav reputation because so many people own a fake one. if you really want to buy her a designer handbag try a more original designer. i quite like paul smith. *sighs, if only my boyfriend was reading this!*
xxx
Reply 48
Da_Head1
I'm thinking about getting my girlfriend a Louis Vuitton handbag and just before I buy it (I think its f***ing expensive, well for me anyway)

I just wondered what sort of a rep does a Louis Vuitton handbag have? I mean i like it, but is it footballers wives sort of purchase or chavvy?
(i know thats a bit snobbish but she's the exact opposite)

any info aprreciated, thanks
D_H1

nonononononononono, Vuitton bags say "Here, i know these are chic, and everyone has them" see everyone has them...

sometihng like Fendi says "You rock my socks"
Reply 49
Fleece
if shes picky about clothes, i'm betting she's picky about bags too :p:

Exactly!! A bag is still part of an outfit and unless you want to run the risk of spending hundreds of pounds on something she doesn't really like, don't do it! Just look at the number of different designers people have said they like- taste is such a personal thing, and she's pretty much made it clear that when it comes to things to wear, she wants to choose for herself. So get her something else, or at the least let her choose.. Maybe you could take polaroids of some bags you think she'll like within your price range and give her the chance to choose?
Reply 50
Nothing says I love you like the Dior Detective, lol
Reply 51
Everdawn

Nothing says 'rip off!' like Dior Detective :p:
Reply 52
Everdawn
:eek: That's quite a bag!
Reply 53
rach1986
Nothing says 'rip off!' like Dior Detective :p:

how so? please explain. Do you even know what a dior detective is?
Reply 54
Everdawn
how so? please explain. Do you even know what a dior detective is?

Excuse me, I wouldn't have felt the need to comment if I had no propir knowledge. So you can safely assume that, yes, i do know what a dior detective is, a nice bag, but as i said before, a rip off. And as soon as they make a better model no one will care about that one.
Reply 55
*sigh* whatever.
Take her shopping to Selfridges or Harrods for the day. Buy her a nice lunch... she'll love you for it....
Reply 57
Everdawn
*sigh* whatever.

Although it is very nice, don't you think it is a bit expensive at £800 for the small version?

Dior do some other bags that look pretty good and are more practical- as well as much cheaper.

Not that it will stop my sister buying it. :rolleyes:
Reply 58
Everdawn
*sigh* whatever.

perhaps you can justify spending such a vast amount on a bag, I however, cannot.
Reply 59
I have the Messenger bag - will take it to uni, but it'll probably be too small. Plus it might get nicked as well (I'm going to King's College London) so :/.

Latest