The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
oh dear..
Reply 2
i second that oh dear.. lol
Reply 3
Oh come on. I'm not talking about the traditional sort of village people look. I mean a seriously trendy new style. The fact of the matter is, a few of my mates and didn't see a problem with it. This is 2005, people can wear what they choose. I live in Birmingham, a major UK city. There are many different styles in the city, so much so that I certainly wouldn't look out of place if I were to wear them. You comment have done nothing to dissuade me, if I were to change my mind at the drop of a hat I certainly shouldnt be studying law as of next month. I was just interested to know thats all.

Basically, if you have the confidence to do so then why not?
Reply 4
Oh Dear, is right.

I was going to get a pair but when I tried them on I looked like some sort of rent boy, are they the ones from topman or are others places peddling them now?
Reply 5
Mine were from an independent store in bham
Reply 6
They're really dear as well, compared what you can get a pair of decent normal jeans for. I nearly bought as fancy dress (not trying to take the piss or anything) but just borrowed my (pregnant) cousins.
Reply 7
If you want to look like Boyzone in the early days, go for it.
Reply 8
I LOVE dungarees. :smile: I want a pair myself, like light blue jeans. I would let the straps be straps and put them where they belong, but then I'm a girl.
Reply 9
I own a pair of dungarees, too. Both my sister and one of my best friends want a pair, too. But then again, I'm a girl.

I wear mine with a plain t-shirt with the straps hanging down. But mine are mens, bought in Kenya, and as such are more like wearing a dead, skinned, denim-monster. I like 'em.
Reply 10
are you having a giraffe?
Reply 11
Now now guys. There's no need for that. One of the reasons I bought them is during freshers week @ Bham uni one of the events is a fancy dress 'pirate pub crawl'. Its not as if I was gonna wear them everyday! Jeez! Even so this starts to highlight my main arguement. Too often are people judged by what they wear; this shouldn't be the case any longer. For example, some girls (fellow Villa supporters) that I know wear football shirts and get referred to as 'tomboys' as a result of it. Girls that wear large fleeces get similar treatment. Why? Can't people look different anymore. For goodness sake, if everyboy looked the same we'd get tired of looking at each other! I know plenty of people who wear dungarees, left open (i.e not done up across the chest) with hoodies and the like. How I'd look like a member from Boyzone is anyones guess. Try not to be so judgemental.
Reply 12
Looks like it's mainly the guys who hate it and the girls love it. :smile: I want one... where can girls buy them (international stores like say H&M would be nice)?
Reply 13
You asked for opinions and were given them... :biggrin:
Reply 14
why have u made a post asking what people think about dungarees and explained how u are going to wear them in a justifyable manor, if u are happy being alternative wearing them?
Reply 15
Well... you did pretty much ask for our judgement...

if you want to wear them then of course that is up to you and some people will like it. But some people won't. Such is life, eh.
Reply 16
ugh posts like this annoy me - judging people is part of human nature, you do it without realising it at times. it doesnt have to be anything serious, lighten up. wear what you want and dont care about what anyone else thinks.
just dont ask for peoples opinions if you're t hen going to slate them for being judgemental.

and if you ever saw boyzone in the early days then they wore dungarees. that is how you would look like them.
Reply 17
Indeed Mata. Jdre86 do you think the way I wear them is justifyable?
Reply 18
Fleece
ugh posts like this annoy me - judging people is part of human nature, you do it without realising it at times. it doesnt have to be anything serious, lighten up. wear what you want and dont care about what anyone else thinks.
just dont ask for peoples opinions if you're t hen going to slate them for being judgemental.

and if you ever saw boyzone in the early days then they wore dungarees. that is how you would look like them.

Totally. :smile:
Although I still like the look. Not with straps down though, and preferably shirtless. :biggrin: Man I'm definitely getting one for myself when I find one now. But I'll wear it WITH shirt. :biggrin:

EDIT: oh and threadstarter (forgot your name) if you can pull it off, why not go for it. :smile: I bet it looks ace if you're not very skinny or sth.
Reply 19
Fleece

I remember a clip from an outtakes show a few years back of the early Boyzone performance on an Irish talkshow, so I know the exact look you are referring to. But I wouldnt even dream of wearing dungarees in that manner. Iam very alternative, and by that I don't simply mean Indie. I wear what the f*** I like; I couldn't give a monkeys what people think of me (and everyone else should feel the same about their attire) , I don't like looking like everyone else. By looking like a popstar (least of all a member from Boyzone during the early 90s) I wouldn't be alternative.

Btw. The style I'm referring to DOESN'T work with t-shirts (it would look ridiculous) . I'd only ever wear a baggy hoodie with dungarees.

Latest