The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Blanco Ballo
I wanted a change from reams of jeans so I bought a pair of dungarees today considering their sudden fashion renaissance. I wear them not done up i.e. the shoulder straps along the back of my legs. Wot u reckon ladies, can men carry it off in the twenty-first century???

They can, but it really depends on your looks I think. Not everyone can carry it off. If you think you can though :top:
Reply 21
Blanco Ballo
I remember a clip from an outtakes show a few years back of the early Boyzone performance on an Irish talkshow, so I know the exact look you are referring to. But I wouldnt even dream of wearing dungarees in that manner. Iam very alternative, and by that I don't simply mean Indie. I wear what the f*** I like; I couldn't give a monkeys what people think of me (and everyone else should feel the same about their attire) , I don't like looking like everyone else. By looking like a popstar (least of all a member from Boyzone during the early 90s) I wouldn't be alternative.

chill out. it was an off the cuff quip, not meant to be read into.
Reply 22
Fleece
chill out. it was an off the cuff quip, not meant to be read into.

:wink: Quip taken!
Reply 23
Blanco Ballo
:wink: Quip taken!

:p: goodo.
Reply 24
Blanco Ballo
Now now guys. There's no need for that. One of the reasons I bought them is during freshers week @ Bham uni one of the events is a fancy dress 'pirate pub crawl'. Its not as if I was gonna wear them everyday! Jeez!

Do Pirates wear dungarees?
Reply 25
devilbunny
Do Pirates wear dungarees?

That's what I was thinking......... yaaargghhhhhhh!
Reply 26
ew ew ew these dungarees some unsrupulous men have been seen wearing - why?! I personally think it looks ridiculous but there we go. Perhaps it will pass but all it will take is for some **** like frank lampard to wear a pair and we'll be stuck with them for a good few years :/
Hah, excellent.
ok dungarees are really not fashionable for guys, i don't think they really ever have been, but if you feel comfortable wearing them then go for it, i personally like my jeans, women look fine in dungarees as you are wearing them. my gf weard dungarees like taht and it suits her, it is entirely up to you whether you wear them or not, but you never know you could start off the next big trend!
I don't own any dungarees but would happily purchase any if i found some. They look urbanish imo and thats more my style. So, yes for dungarees. :smile: It looks mucho better on females though.
Um just NO
Reply 31
Multiplexed
I don't own any dungarees but would happily purchase any if i found some. They look urbanish imo and thats more my style. So, yes for dungarees. :smile: It looks mucho better on females though.

This guy clearly understands what I'm getting at; it looks urban. If you saw me u'd understand, if you get my drift... :cool:

Latest