The Student Room Group

Transfer advice needed :)

Hello,

I'm currently at Nottingham Trent Uni and have just finished my first year although i have my exams to take next month. I have never been 100% happy with my course (Media and Linguistics) its just not what i want to do, and i think i just chose it in a panic. However over the past year i've fallen in love with fashion and have decided that i'd like to pursue a career in fashion marketing/PR.

So a few months ago i swiftly emailed the admissions department to enquire about a possible transfer to the Fashion Marketing and Branding course, i had an interview with the course leader and they made me an offer to start the course in October 2010. All good, right? One problem, i have some exams for my current course (Media and Linguistics) coming up and i'm unsure whether to sit them or not. My place on the Fashion Marketing and Branding course is NOT dependant on my exam results, so its not compulsary that i sit the exam.
If i sitted the exam i would gain some sort of 'Higher Education' qualification, which i'm guessing doesn't account for much?

Also, i've just secured a job at Topshop and they wanted to train me on the day of my first exam, so i'm just unsure whether to sit the exams or not?

Any advice would be great, thanks so much for reading! xx
Sit the exams - I chose not to when I switched unis/courses and now I've got a year on my CV where I studied a course but had nothing to show at the end of it.

If you pass your first year you're usually eligible to claim a Certificate of Higher Education - a CertHE is equivalent to an HNC so it might not account for much but it's defnintely better than nothing:smile:

If one of your exams clashes with your topshop training then either see if they can re-schedule your training or speak to someone on your course about whether you can still pass the year if you miss that single exam.

Latest

Trending

Trending