The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Random questions.... lincoln courts?

hiya, I am moving up in September, and have a few questions as I am being uber organised and buying things ready for my move.
does anyone know what is provided e.g do i need my own saucepans, plates bowls, cutlery?
Also the laundry ( washing machines #) are there some on site we have access too, and do they have like a drawer for liquid and powder, or you need tablets for the drum? (sorry i know thats weird just tryin to buy all BOGOF and special offer now on expensive neccessities like washing powder, and shampoo and things but not sure if i am wasting my time buying fabric conditioner if it only takes tabs )
:smile:
Cheers xx
Reply 1
You will need things like kitchen equipment in courts, however remember you've moving in with 5 other people who are also of the same opinion and you'll end up with so many sets in the same flat. We had 4 sets in our flat. There is onsite laundry however I've never used the courts ones, might be best to stick with tablets/liquitabs however I don't see why they wouldn't have drawers for them. In pavilions they have a compartment for them.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
The washers in Courts don't have a seperate compartment for liquid as far as I can remember. I think they advise you to put it into the drum with your laundry. I'd suggest you get the tabs anyway I think, they work just as well.
I'd take all your own plates, cups, cutelry, pans etc.. but I'd be tempted to wait until you are there to buy a toaster and a kettle (not sure if the latter is actually provided) but you don't want to end up with 6 of everything and you can all share the cost between you. Around september keep your eye out for facebook groups for courts, it's a great way to see who you're living with and you can arrange all of this stuff before you even get there!
Reply 3
Gnatalie
The washers in Courts don't have a seperate compartment for liquid as far as I can remember. I think they advise you to put it into the drum with your laundry. I'd suggest you get the tabs anyway I think, they work just as well.
I'd take all your own plates, cups, cutelry, pans etc.. but I'd be tempted to wait until you are there to buy a toaster and a kettle (not sure if the latter is actually provided) but you don't want to end up with 6 of everything and you can all share the cost between you. Around september keep your eye out for facebook groups for courts, it's a great way to see who you're living with and you can arrange all of this stuff before you even get there!

Thanks that sounds good to me, I will invest in some tabs, :smile: and i have just bought most kitchen stuff but will wait to get the appliances :smile: xx
Tori687
Thanks that sounds good to me, I will invest in some tabs, :smile: and i have just bought most kitchen stuff but will wait to get the appliances :smile: xx

Also sometimes people the year before leave their old appliances, we had two kettles and a toaster left, and three of us had brought our own.. tooooo many toasters!
Reply 5
You need your own plates, cutulry, mugs etc. Kettles are provided, need to buy your own toaster but wait till you get there as someone else will probs bring one. There are not drawers in the washing machine, but power can be put straight into the drum, but you will be better off with the tabs.

Latest