The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln University

Hi all, I've received an offer from the University of Lincoln, and while I really enjoyed the open days and such I keep seeing stuff that says "don't go" and the like, any current students doing law or any students at all know whether it's worth it?

Original post by Anonymous
Hi all, I've received an offer from the University of Lincoln, and while I really enjoyed the open days and such I keep seeing stuff that says "don't go" and the like, any current students doing law or any students at all know whether it's worth it?

hey i dont go lincoln but it depends on why they say dont go. is it the law course specifically or the uni as a whole? isit that theyve had a bad experience in terms of meeting people? dont let peoples opinions affect you because everyone finds each uni different. but defo look into it and i hope u find some people there to talk to. maybe DM the lincoln law society instagram account and ask them for help (@lincolnlawsociety) im sure someone would help you there. good luck x
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
hey i dont go lincoln but it depends on why they say dont go. is it the law course specifically or the uni as a whole? isit that theyve had a bad experience in terms of meeting people? dont let peoples opinions affect you because everyone finds each uni different. but defo look into it and i hope u find some people there to talk to. maybe DM the lincoln law society instagram account and ask them for help (@lincolnlawsociety) im sure someone would help you there. good luck x

thanks for the reply, unfortunately my issue is that nobody ever seems to elaborate on why not to go, which is why I came here lmao
I'm currently study at the university of lincoln, and so far I have had no issues. Obviously I don't know how the law course is taught, but from my experience at Lincoln I'd 100% recommend going. It's a very small city and if you prefer somewhere quiet to study I'd highly recommend.

Hi,

Firstly, congratulations on your offer!

I would strongly recommend contacting our students using Unibuddy, who can give you some advice and share their experiences of both living and learning in Lincoln. You can filter your search so you can speak to a student who is studying Law, and they can give you more targeted support!

It is important to get second opinions, but ultimately it is your decision :smile:

Thanks,
Olivia
Reply 5

Hi, I am currently a second year law student at Lincoln uni and I cannot recommend it enough. The course is half practical half written which is not like many law courses. During first year you do a presentation in tort law and you do a moot which is a fake court trial in both first and second year and then you do have exams at the end of the year but only three. The teaching and support you receive is lovely, if you have anyways questions there is always someone that can answer it. I would love to speak you and tell you more! If you have any questions please let me know.
Reply 6
Hi there!
Im a 2nd year studying Psychology at the University of Lincoln, I cannot recommend the university enough. Compared to other universities it genuinely focuses on the student and your experience, rather than other outside factors.
I’ve spoken to friends at Russel Group universities and they have not received anywhere near the level of support that the university has given me.

The city is also very student oriented given that the city is fairly small and the university keeps growing, so there are a lot of student friendly places, and there are loads in progress too!

(Plus the graduations at Lincoln exceed most given that they are in the Cathedral)
Reply 7
I accepted my offer a few months ago, and have sorted accommodation. Due to start in September :biggrin:

Thanks for all the help!
I accepted my offer a few months ago, and have sorted accommodation. Due to start in September :biggrin:

Thanks for all the help!

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer! We are looking forward to welcoming you onto campus in September! If you have any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Best wishes,
Olivia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest