From 4:00 AM
Reply 63
emilysophielehcar
so we can discuss now then?

Yep.
Reply 64
Did anyone do the Tudor exam paper?
How did you find it?
Overall i was quite pleased with it, they could of asked us much harder questions haha :smile:
Section A for the French Revolution one erghdhd
For starters the Charter wasn't covered in that much detail during lessons as it was not the most important event tbh and secondly the Jacobin question was worded horribly. Loads of my class mates didn't even attempt it and one even walked out :s-smilie:

Section B was fine though.
Reply 66
-JJS-
Did anyone do the Tudor exam paper?
How did you find it?
Overall i was quite pleased with it, they could of asked us much harder questions haha :smile:

Pilgrimage of Grace...does n't get any better than that :yep:
crumbleweed
For starters the Charter wasn't covered in that much detail during lessons as it was not the most important event tbh and secondly the Jacobin question was worded horribly. Loads of my class mates didn't even attempt it and one even walked out :s-smilie:

that charter question was awful.
What on earth?! we barely looked at the thing in class. i hadnt a clue what the jacobin one was about so didnt want to risk it.

epic failure.
but sources for part b on louis were odd.

bye bye A grade :frown:
Reply 68
caton4law
Pilgrimage of Grace...does n't get any better than that :yep:

Pilgrimage of Grace was in 1536?
I doubt that any of the questions were asking you to speak about 1536?
I'm confused.

I did the second question that began from 1553-1588 - years after the Pilgrimage of Grace so please shed some light?
And If I'm not mistaken, the question above it begam from Edward to Mary to Elizabeth - and didn't even talk about Henry's regime?
I'm confused why you regarded the Pilgrimage of Grace as pertinent in this ???
Sorry I'm just confused
Reply 69
pumboi
I'm confused.

I did the second question that began from 1553-1588 - years after the Pilgrimage of Grace so please shed some light?
And If I'm not mistaken, the question above it begam from Edward to Mary to Elizabeth - and didn't even talk about Henry's regime?
Sorry I'm just confused

Well the course was "Protest Crisis & Rebellion: 1536-88"

Tudor England Question

The first question was lovely on Edward, Mary & Elizabeth, but you had to mention Henry a bit becasue what he left had a lot of influence on the religious changes made by Edward & Mary, and to some extent Elizabeth, but don't think i mentioned the pilgrimage in this question

The Rebellion controversy was lovely too, "To what extent was the pilgrimage of grace in 1536 a threat to Henry and his regime" or something along those lines. Very nice
Reply 70
crumbleweed

Section A was dreadful. Very strangely worded and confusing questions. Even section B was a bit weird for the constitutional monarchy question because one source really emphasised the economic and "subsistence riots" factor when we barely learnt about any such factor being important. I guess that means you could easily argue against it, which is what I did, but it was hard finding any counter arguments. Felt I did pretty badly all in all.
Reply 71
pumboi
I'm confused.

Sorry I'm just confused

Lol its okay don't panic, thats part A, I did the 1547-66 question

I'm talking about the part B, with the sources, I take it you did the Parliament question?
Reply 72
caton4law
Lol its okay don't panic, thats part A, I did the 1547-66 question

I'm talking about the part B, with the sources, I take it you did the Parliament question?

so sorry. I did the Anglo spanish one with Mary. Had to mention some northumberland from 1553 till the end of liZzys reign. And for the other part I did parliament yes. Was so worried. Spke about hales Puritan choir etc
Reply 73
pumboi
so sorry. I did the Anglo spanish one with Mary. Had to mention some northumberland from 1553 till the end of liZzys reign. And for the other part I did parliament yes. Was so worried. Spke about hales Puritan choir etc

For a slipt second I was questioning whether or not I dreamt the questins on the paper when I saw ur first reply lol
Reply 74
Wondering if you whizz kids could help me. For AS I got 88/100 on the first Unit and then 78/100 on the summer unit. This year for coursework I got 43/50 so first off I'm wondering what I would have needed to get in the history exam we've just done to get an A and also how do you work out the a* with coursework...what would I have to have got to get this...thanks
Reply 75
Nicoley
Wondering if you whizz kids could help me. For AS I got 88/100 on the first Unit and then 78/100 on the summer unit. This year for coursework I got 43/50 so first off I'm wondering what I would have needed to get in the history exam we've just done to get an A and also how do you work out the a* with coursework...what would I have to have got to get this...thanks

Wow I wish I had your grades! My coursework teacher isn't even giving us our coursework grades =(

I was just trying to work it out then I realised the c/w goes from 50 raw marks to 80ums so i'm not sure.

At a guess i'd say if 90+ is A* than 45/50 would be the equivalent for coursework.
anyone do the Cold War?
Nicoley

Well, for the coursework it would be 90%, but because we don't know the boundaries for coursework, i.e. how much is needed for an A, B and C etc. you can't really say how many marks will be equivalent to 90% in UMS terms, if that makes sense.
Retrospect
I really want to take a risk with this exam and only revise half of it. :p:

What topics is everyone doing?

If you did Kaiser to Fuhrer, that would have probably have been the brightest move anyone could've made...

I did think about, on the morning before, just reading my little unit guide on The Rise of the Nazis.

I feel like such a fool...
Reply 79
emilysophielehcar
okayy so who did the question on Charles' finance/side taking!?? AHH SO HARD!

I did the finance question but for the second one I did the Cromwell question. That was pretty challenging but I think wrote enough. What stuff did you say for the finance question?

Latest

Trending

Trending