The Student Room Group
pappu
I'm fine when I'm sitting down etc. However when I suddenly stand up I start to feel quite dizzy and my vision becomes blurred for like 5-10 seconds.

that happens to everyone lol are you joking
Reply 2
blood pressure maybe.
Reply 3
its your bodies natural reaction to standing up too quickly :smile: happens to everyone, something to do with blood pressure regulators i believe. Just try to stand up more slowly
Reply 4
yeah what above said, just blood rushing to your brain or something, completely normal
Reply 5
pappu
I'm fine when I'm sitting down etc. However when I suddenly stand up I start to feel quite dizzy and my vision becomes blurred for like 5-10 seconds.

People call it head rush, happens to pretty much everyone depending on how long you've been sitting, how fast you stand up etc.

I'm no biologist but I believe it's something to do with the sudden movement upsetting the balance stuff in your head, or maybe blood movement? Main point, it's normal.
It happens to me sometimes. Try not standing up so fast.
It's called postural hypotension and isn't that uncommon. Your heart takes a second or so to increase it's output to match the pressure you need to get blood round your body when standing up compared to sitting down. If you're concerned about it happening quite often, your GP can quickly check if you're suffering an abnormally large drop in BP when you stand up and can sort you out :smile:
1001 Chiko
It's called postural hypotension and isn't that uncommon. Your heart takes a second or so to increase it's output to match the pressure you need to get blood round your body when standing up compared to sitting down. If you're concerned about it happening quite often, your GP can quickly check if you're suffering an abnormally large drop in BP when you stand up and can sort you out :smile:

or..

Look outside, its a lovely day today, plus the OP could be sitting at the computer aswell.

OP, have you had enough to drink today? Gotten enough sleep? If this has just come on today go and have a lie down and make yourself a nice big cup of tea, and make sure you're eating right.

If this has been going on for 3days+ maybe go see your gp after the bank holiday, and take it slower when you stand up in the future?
Reply 9
Ok thanks. Just wanted to male sure it wasn't anything serious.
Quite relieved it happens to others :colondollar: - never really thought it meant anything too serious when it happens to me.
Reply 11
Happens to me all the time
You could have low blood pressure.
Reply 13
*Massive Attack - Teardrop*
Reply 14
i get it all the time and i reckon for me its normal. but one of my friends gets like a head rush mixed with a weird de ja vu feeling and she went to the doctors and she had loads of scans and she has a mild epilepsy. so it might be worth getting it checked out if it's enough worry for you to write on here about.
Reply 15
If you get it more than once a day/couple of times a week i'd go get it checked out; I did and it turned out I had pre-syncope. And that I have an abnormally low blood pressure. Aaand that I have a lack of salt going around me, both of which contribute to what i've got.
Ooh, I get this all the time. :smile: My vision goes totally black and my head feels cold, but my strategy has always been to walk through it. And I shall continue to do so. :yep:
Subcutaneous
or..

Look outside, its a lovely day today, plus the OP could be sitting at the computer aswell.

OP, have you had enough to drink today? Gotten enough sleep? If this has just come on today go and have a lie down and make yourself a nice big cup of tea, and make sure you're eating right.

If this has been going on for 3days+ maybe go see your gp after the bank holiday, and take it slower when you stand up in the future?

Chucking it down up here, lol :P
Reply 18
Blood pressure?
Reply 19
oo head rush... one more, and then ive got to go. cool!

Latest