The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
any sports shop
you want cheap ones go to sports world
more expensive ones jjb or jd
there not really hard to find nearly everywhere has some
Reply 2
omg i got the most comfortable pair of joggers from Primark of all places!! I got a guys pair and there were only about £4!! I was going to buy a adidas pair then my sis pointed out i was only sitting about the house in them. Seriouly love them
Any good sports shops really. Look around.
Steal a chav's.
M&S do good ones. Last for ages too.
Reply 6
Sports Direct do them dirt cheap.
Reply 7
Do you mean the cotton ones?
If so, New Look has some for about £8 or something like that..sounds like a good buy to me xD
I got mine from Abercrombie & Fitch. I did have ones from Superdry but I was in a carcrash and the knee ripped out of them. Most traumatic part of the crash tbh. :smile:
Reply 9
Sainsbury's £6
I went to my local sport shop, got some canterbury 'stadium' ones. best things ever, can highly recommend. http://www.barringtonsports.com/browse/hockey_clothing/canterbury/show/329-30-0-0/list
Sports direct definitely. I got a pair from them about a couple of months ago for £7.99, Lonsdale ones and they're really comfortable and look nice too. :smile: They have lots of different styles and it's very good. I'm a bit short so couldn't wear ordinary ones, I needed the ones that fold upwards at the bottom and they were pretty much the only shop that sold ones like that. :p:
Big_Joe_1234
Was thinking of getting a pair of these.
Where did you get yours from? and how much were they?

www.asos.com
Chemical UK Ltd online
JD Sports
JJB Sports
Foot Locker
Sports Direct online or in store
Gap
H&M
Topman
River Island
Burton
Superdry
Republic
D&G
Uniqlo
Nike
Adidas

Anywhere really for whatever price, cheapest I ever got for a pair of joggers was from Sports Direct in store for £4 ... Most places sell joggers for about £20. If you can get it for less than £15, that's what you should really be aiming for
Reply 13
Thanks guys. Would you say they're chavvy? I've seen a load of people wearing them. Even some emo/indie guys.
Reply 14
I've found some good ones in TK Maxx before.

About whether or not they're chavvy, I think it depends on the style. I think the more chavvy ones tend to have the elasticated bit around the ankles...but that's just my opinion :smile:
Reply 15
Big_Joe_1234
Thanks guys. Would you say they're chavvy? I've seen a load of people wearing them. Even some emo/indie guys.

Nah they're not that chavvy in my opinion. I have a grey pair and a black pair (the cotton ones, not the trackie pants) and I use them both either to go to the gym in or if I'm just having one of them days where I don't plan on leaving the house. Wouldn't go out shopping in them or anything like that, but as already mentioned, they are comfy as anything. I got mine from Sports World for £15 a poke (Nike ones)
Reply 16
TK Maxx do pretty good sports stuff. I have some nice running tights from there, and they weren't expensive. If you're buying them to work out, it pays to pick something you're comfortable with - and make sure you bear in mind the fabric.
Reply 17
JJB £25 for some grey addidas ones, not really chavvy. Comfy as hell too!
Reply 18
Nico_SU
Nah they're not that chavvy in my opinion. I have a grey pair and a black pair (the cotton ones, not the trackie pants) and I use them both either to go to the gym in or if I'm just having one of them days where I don't plan on leaving the house. Wouldn't go out shopping in them or anything like that, but as already mentioned, they are comfy as anything. I got mine from Sports World for £15 a poke (Nike ones)

I'd probably just wear them to lounge about the house in, or go to the shops or something.
Reply 19
Big_Joe_1234

They became quite ubiquitous and fashionable a year or so ago, and I think they look super cute on girls and their close relatives emos. Depending on your haircut and the rest of your dress you won't look remotely like a chav.

Latest