The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Demolishing the College Shop and Waterstones???

Is it true that over the summer the College Shop and Waterstones are being demolished, to make way for a new lecture theatre/concert hall??? I hope not, as I really liked the College Shop. Also, once we have a new concert hall then concerts won't be in the Picture Gallery anymore - and I LOVE the fact that concerts are in there, because even though the acoustics aren't brilliant, it is so, so atmospheric! It's be such a shame when we don't play in there anymore...:frown:
Reply 1
waterstones definitely isnt, becuz i went into the southampton waterstones to enquire about a book for the course, and they asked where i was studying and when i said royal holloway they said there was one on campus!
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Yeah, I don't think either are being demolished...though, they're both amazingly overpriced anyway.
Reply 3
LosingAllHope
Yeah, I don't think either are being demolished...though, they're both amazingly overpriced anyway.

Well, I don't know - some stuff at the College Shop are reasonably priced, such as milk, fruit, some tinned stuff ands some of the sweets, and they do seem to have special offers on things too. Having said that, I do agree that some of the stuff they sell there is rather overpriced.

Even if they aren't being demolished this summer, then I suspect it'll be over the course of next year (obviously only if it's true, of course). :frown: Such a shame.
Reply 4
waiting2smile - had you heard anything about this?
Kew
waiting2smile - had you heard anything about this?

No! But we need the College Shop! Where else will I get my copy of the Independent and vital carton of Just Juice each morning on the way to lectures?! :confused: :frown:
Reply 6
Good news everyone - I posted a thread in the forum on the SURHUL bulletin board ( www.su.rhbnc.ac.uk/Activities/bulletinboard.asp ) asking about this, and apparently the College Shop and Waterstones aren't being demolished! It's the temporary lecture theatres nearby that are being knocked down.

I found out an interesting RHUL fact, too; apparently the Waterstones building is the oldest building on campus, even older than Founder's. The chief builder/architect of Founder's, a Mr Crossland, lived there whilst building work on Founder's was underway (I think).

Latest

Trending

Trending