The Student Room Group
How late do your council libraries stay open? To be honest pulling all nighters is rarely the answer and how do you know that you'll both be able to concentrate and not start talking just because you're not at home?

Having said that, 24 hour cafes are probably your best bet - easy access to caffeine.
I don't know sorry pal
Reply 3
steffi.alexa
How late do your council libraries stay open? To be honest pulling all nighters is rarely the answer and how do you know that you'll both be able to concentrate and not start talking just because you're not at home?

Having said that, 24 hour cafes are probably your best bet - easy access to caffeine.

Thanks for your help :biggrin:. We're not pulling all nighters, we just want to stay out til about 11 so that we can get the last train home. We've been to cafes in the day and it's all worked fine, so we just want somewhere to go later on at night. Do you know any 24 hr cafes in particular that will be quiet enough? Thanks again!
Bernywormy
Thanks for your help :biggrin:. We're not pulling all nighters, we just want to stay out til about 11 so that we can get the last train home. We've been to cafes in the day and it's all worked fine, so we just want somewhere to go later on at night. Do you know any 24 hr cafes in particular that will be quiet enough? Thanks again!

I don't live in London so I don't sorry. But there might be a council library that stays open until 11? ETA: Never mind apparently there aren't. Looks like a 24 cafe is the only viable option.
Bernywormy

There's an Internet Cafe in Trocadero which might suit your needs.
I dunno, but you won't get into uni library so you can knock that on the head.
Bernywormy

Where do you live near? I know a cafe/restaurant on high street ken that has a section at the back which is practically empty most of the time and out of view, there's even a plug socket if you want to bring laptop/charge phone. It closes at about 11 and the ciabatta's are pretty tasty, the music they play is pretty repetitive though! And they're not douches about it or anything althought you might need to buy a coke or a ciabatta to keep them happy but other than that, you can stay there for hours.
Reply 8
Clarity Incognito
Where do you live near? I know a cafe/restaurant on high street ken that has a section at the back which is practically empty most of the time and out of view, there's even a plug socket if you want to bring laptop/charge phone. It closes at about 11 and the ciabatta's are pretty tasty, the music they play is pretty repetitive though! And they're not douches about it or anything althought you might need to buy a coke or a ciabatta to keep them happy but other than that, you can stay there for hours.

Wow, this would be great, where abouts is it? I live in Essex, so have quick access to the central line. Let me know please! :biggrin:
Bernywormy
Wow, this would be great, where abouts is it? I live in Essex, so have quick access to the central line. Let me know please! :biggrin:

Ok, so I've just found it on google maps. It's called italian restaurant/cafe lol. It's between union gifts and crispin's food and drink.

Type 'Kensington Rd/A315' into google maps.

If you go down to google street view with the park on your right. The restaurant is a couple of pages down on the left, about 5-7 forwards.

If I'm honest though, essex is FAR and it would be kinda counter productive travelling that far wouldn't it? You surely have enough discipline to work at each other's houses?

Anyway, enjoy!
Reply 10
Clarity Incognito
Ok, so I've just found it on google maps. It's called italian restaurant/cafe lol. It's between union gifts and crispin's food and drink.

Type 'Kensington Rd/A315' into google maps.

If you go down to google street view with the park on your right. The restaurant is a couple of pages down on the left, about 5-7 forwards.

If I'm honest though, essex is FAR and it would be kinda counter productive travelling that far wouldn't it? You surely have enough discipline to work at each other's houses?

Anyway, enjoy!

Thanks very much, I'll definitely take this into consideration! :smile:
Bernywormy
Thanks very much, I'll definitely take this into consideration! :smile:

This article might be of some help? Not sure if they're all still open and some of them are more expensive restaurants than cafes, but there are a few to chose from there.
Reply 12
LSE library opens till very late

swiss cottage library opens til about 10 i think
Why don't you revise during the day at your local council library like a normal person. But this question is pointless because of the size of London. Say if someone recommends a library in Greenwich but you live in Golders Green I really doubt it would be worth the travel time/costs
Reply 14
Yay, thanks. If it helps anyone, I live in Braintree in Essex, so if anybody knows anything near there, it would be fantastic

Latest