The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

This might sound silly but I get really panicky about medical things-reading what you have just posted makes me feel shaky. So when I read on the letter that when you register you can have a medical check which includes checking blood pressure I got worried. Is this compulsary? The ironic thing is that my father is a doctor!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
sophieliz
This might sound silly but I get really panicky about medical things-reading what you have just posted makes me feel shaky. So when I read on the letter that when you register you can have a medical check which includes checking blood pressure I got worried. Is this compulsary? The ironic thing is that my father is a doctor!

Yes it is, I think. As far as I remember all they do is take your blood pressure and ask you a few questions about your health - nothing to worry about!
Reply 62
Having your blood pressure taken will be fine. I'm just about to book meningitis C. Woohooo. I sent back both forms, i thought that if i need it on the day, they'll have it to give to me. xx
I have to have MMR, yay. :rolleyes: Having the jab 2 days before coming to Notts; hope I don't get ill-effects like my sister did.

Um, what do we put as the Notts telephone no. on the medical form(s)?
Reply 64
ive got my MMR on the 14th. I'm scared :frown:
Bah, wimps! I didn't even notice that it'd been done. It was truly nothing.
Reply 66
I'm giving blood again on the 19th, and having hep A again on the 20th. I did originally book them for the same day, but it cant be done. I'm going out on the night of the 19th (its cheaper to drink after giving blood...less blood to diffuse alcohol and take it to liver) so I'm going to have to work hard to make sure I get back to my home town again by 11am for hep A yayay!!#
Also i dont want to get ill cos my 19th bday is the 21st... maybe I wont drink after givnig blood. I'll just eat steak.
Reply 67
didnt we have meningitus c in school a couple of years ago?
alex-HSH
Yes it is, I think. As far as I remember all they do is take your blood pressure and ask you a few questions about your health - nothing to worry about!

But it is something to worry about for me...I'll freak out and faint on them I just know it. I was in tears the last time I had to have an injection, and fainted when I cut my finger with a bread knife (tiny cut) on holiday and then proceeded to throw up-lovely eh! So I am seriously scared.
Reply 69
Lucy - yeah we did, which was good, but then they told me i needed MMR anyway as we're supposed to have it twice. I'm supposed to be giving blood then having the MMR, isn't that ok? xx
Um, what do we put as the Notts telephone no. on the medical form(s)? :smile:
Reply 71
-Sian-
Um, what do we put as the Notts telephone no. on the medical form(s)? :smile:

I put my mobile number
Phew-just found out from my Dad that they won't need to take my blood pressure. (but then he started moaning throughout the car journey how medicine is all about statistics these days-urgh!)
Reply 73
sophieliz
Phew-just found out from my Dad that they won't need to take my blood pressure. (but then he started moaning throughout the car journey how medicine is all about statistics these days-urgh!)

I find if you tell em you hate having your blood pressure taken they do it nicely so it doesn't do that horrible bit where you can feel the veins throbbing and it's horrible!
Reply 74
Do we HAVE to get vaccinated? Which vaccines do we need again?
MMR and meningitis C are the ones we really should have. You can get them done in Nottingham if you want.
Reply 76
sophieliz
But it is something to worry about for me...I'll freak out and faint on them I just know it. I was in tears the last time I had to have an injection, and fainted when I cut my finger with a bread knife (tiny cut) on holiday and then proceeded to throw up-lovely eh! So I am seriously scared.

Wow... you are me! Are you actually getting the injections done if you are like that?? :eek:
Reply 77
i'm gonna pass out when i have MMR on weds i'm sure!
Just_Izzy
Wow... you are me! Are you actually getting the injections done if you are like that?? :eek:

I'm pretty sure I've had them all done-just not sure what I'm going to do when it comes to boosters. My Dad suggested that he do them for me, but that just freaked me out even more-not sure why! Probably because I don't think of him as a Doctorso don't trust him. I just try not to think about it and pray I'm not going to get ill.
Reply 79
Why do they want out Nottingham address twice? On the white one, it says "Term Time (Nottingham) Address". Then next to it, it says "Home Address" but the explaination sheet says "Home Address - you must put your nottingham address here". Or have I read it wrong?
Also, if you havent been vaccinated for some of the listed diseases, do you have to become immunised? The small paper only talks about MMR and Men C, but Ive been immunised for those.

Latest

Trending

Trending