The Student Room Group

Decline firm offer?

Hello people,

Would it be possible, on results day, to decline the firm offer entirely as well as the insurance offer for a university I have not applied to prior to UCAS.

What I have in mind is to go through Clearing and apply to Leicester university that way, after I have declined my two offers.

Is there a better way to do this?

I appreciate your advice.

Thanks a lot.
You should possibly tell them now and ask them to release you into clearing early as they can do it now.
just so you know, it's going to be tough to get into clearing this year. but yeah if you go into clearing now, you've got a better chance of going where you want to go.
Hmm, it might be difficult given the number of applicants and possible rejections. You might be eligible to go through adjustment and change it, though this is doubtful.
Wouldn't going through UCAS extra be better? I did it last year.
DavidJakeman
Hello people,

Would it be possible, on results day, to decline the firm offer entirely as well as the insurance offer for a university I have not applied to prior to UCAS.

What I have in mind is to go through Clearing and apply to Leicester university that way, after I have declined my two offers.

Is there a better way to do this?

I appreciate your advice.

Thanks a lot.

You can't decline a university on results day - you gave a firm acceptance and to get out of that contract you have to ASK your firm and insurance universities to release you into Clearing...and on results day is the WORST possible time to make that request - you're bottom of their list of priorities - in some cases they'll be able to put you through into Clearing within 48 hours but in some cases it has taken up to a fortnight - and in Clearing a fortnight is a very long time.

If you know NOW that you don't want to go to your Firm/Insurance then call them NOW to ask to be released into Clearing. You might even free up space for someone else who wants to go to those universities to get an offer.

Latest

Trending

Trending