The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Corfe House 2010

As threads have been started for Okeford and Purbeck, thought I'd start one for anybody with an offer for Corfe House to start this September!

I believe there's 120 postgrads and 186 undergrads. From what I've heard the postgrads have the top floors (5-8?).

Have just got the email from the uni so far, so still waiting on the formal offer from Unite to find out which my room number, etc.

So anyone, whether you be post or undergrad, come here to meet up! And any Corfe House alumni are welcome to come in and share stories and experience of living there as well.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im in corfe house this year, im an undergrad :smile: x
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Cool, have you got your room allocation yet? I got an email yesterday from Unite - I'm flat 506 Room B! Just gotta pay the deposit now. Under the "my flatmates" section it says rooms A, C and E have all been offered to 2nd year, non-smoking, non-vegatarian females, lol.
Hi Matt,

I have just seen ur comment. I also got an email from Unite 2 days ago. I have room E in flat 506 at Corfe House. :wink: Cu soon. Stefanie
Reply 4
Also got a e mail saying I'm room A flat 103.
Hope they'll be loads of partying going on!!!
See you soon guys.
Reply 5
I'll be in 606 E! Just hope that the bus ride to uni won't be too long...
But I'm Looking forward to the beach.

See ya soon

francied
Reply 6
is every one postgrad' ? i'm just scared cos people seem to be saying that corfe house is really quiet, i hope people in my flat will like partying a bit!
Reply 7
Hi,is Corfe house a better option than Student village for students based at Talbot campus?Im still deciding where to accomodate myself.Can anyone tell me how long is the bus ride from Corfe to Talbot campus please?
heyy JessiElsie i'm in flat 103 room B so i'll be the room next to you! and don't worry i'll defo be partying :biggrin:
Reply 9
That's great.
Send me your facebook on private message if you want :smile:
Reply 10
Hey, i'm in Corfe for next year, Flat 308 Room A starting in september. I'm doing a post grad and it seems all my other flat mates are first years, one female though. Tough!

Looking forward to it, had a bad experience the last time I was in halls so i'm hoping this year will be better than previous.
I'm in 509 Room E. It says on the website that I'm with 4 second years, I thought that undergrads and postgrads had different floors?
Reply 12
says on my unite accounbt that I only have 1 flatmate, does says that to you too strawberii?
Reply 13
The unite site tells me I'm living with three "second years" but Stefanie in this thread is one of them and she's a postgrad, so I'm guessing they're not exactly accurate. I've also got at least one room left to fill (it says rooms A, B, C and E are taken) so they probably save some for people still awaiting results.
Reply 14
Yeah I guess so, when are all you guys arriving? anything planned for the 18th?
Hi! Yes, I also think that if there is written "2nd years", it doesn't say anything and it can also be a postgrad as it is the case with me and some of my flat mates.
@Matt: Do u already know who is our flat mate living in room A?
@ JessiElsie: I am moving in on 18th. U too?

See ya all soon!
Reply 16
Me too on the flying in on the 17th but moving on the 18th.
yeah my unite thing just says 1 flatmate...im guessing they're saving rooms for people who havent got their results yet? does freshers start on the 18th then?
Reply 18
I have no clue i tried looking on facebook and on the subu web site, but I can't see any dates what so ever. I guess we'll just have to wait until we get our welcome package
Reply 19
I got in Corfe house today, not my first choice to say the least. I hope it's as quiet and nice as Unite makes out it is. :/ I just want to hide away and get on with my course!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending