The Student Room Group

The CIE thread 2010 (Results Day: 12 August)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
S-man10
I am giving some subject together and its the same fore one whos doing AS for the first time, and one who is doing only A2 after being satisfied with his AS results. For us, whether you are doing only only component or both, it is less.

Half of what you are paying.

Oh. :eek:

Lol wow :p:
Reply 61
ny2ko
every1 pays those fees, then you gotta pay the centre where you are sitting too. gets really expensive

True. :yes:
Reply 62
S-man10
for CIE or edexcel?

I am not sure what you mean. For CIE, in my school, the price per subject is fixed regardless of the subject and the no of papers the subject has.

I dont know about edexcel, it may very well be more for the science but I am not sure.

thats your school then, ours is different. Theres no standard fee?? what does CIE ask for?
Reply 63
ny2ko
thats your school then, ours is different. Theres no standard fee?? what does CIE ask for?

I am not sure what you mean.

But I think is that CIE does have a standard fee for every subject. Every CIE approved center has to pay the same for the subject. But then it depends on the school. They add overheads to the fees such as paper delivery cost or invigilator cost etc.

If you go to a school where the tuition fee is expensive. they may obviously make the exam fee more expensive, even if there are 2 school in the same area and the other one charges less. Students dont obviously have a choice then.
Reply 64
Fyodor Bingoffsky
Interesting. P4 Chem was horrible, even those who get 80+ said so. P4 physics was perplexing. Surprisingly my college found M1 math tough but P3 doable. Do you do variant 41 or 42? We do 42.

all are papers are 42 i guess n yeah to be honest i just wrote the paper dats all i remember coz dere so many papers dat every morning u get up
i think abt oh paper 3 dat had to be done dis way n dat way fck man mi head is still nt out of exams.dey were the horrible exams ever i gave in my life.....i h8 CIE for dis

bt what subjects did u give??
Reply 65
S-man10
I am not sure what you mean.

But I think is that CIE does have a standard fee for every subject. Every CIE approved center has to pay the same for the subject. But then it depends on the school. They add overheads to the fees such as paper delivery cost or invigilator cost etc.

If you go to a school where the tuition fee is expensive. they may obviously make the exam fee more expensive, even if there are 2 school in the same area and the other one charges less. Students dont obviously have a choice then.

yea CIE exams have fixed price and centres charge u sum addition additional cost such as conducting exam n paper delivery handling n as they have to pay per subject to CIE AFFILATION also bt yeah heard edexcel is expensive..
any idea how much do they chrge for science sub???
Reply 66
simi_kaur
all are papers are 42 i guess n yeah to be honest i just wrote the paper dats all i remember coz dere so many papers dat every morning u get up
i think abt oh paper 3 dat had to be done dis way n dat way fck man mi head is still nt out of exams.dey were the horrible exams ever i gave in my life.....i h8 CIE for dis

bt what subjects did u give??

Nope i did 41. It depended on what tym you did the paper. For us over here a paper done in the morning was a second variant and in the afternoon it was a first variant. Chem p41 was just as bad i think. I hated the fact that they brought AS work. that pissed me off cause i havent looked @ my AS book in a year.
Reply 67
Isit possible to get cie maths unofficial qs of 2010
Reply 68
my variant was 42 for chem n phy
n we had phy42 in mornin and den p3 in afternoon
i was f up as i cudnt do both the subjects n p3 paper was hard i coudnt do anythin the complex no. question was goin abt my head
Reply 69
simi_kaur
my variant was 42 for chem n phy
n we had phy42 in mornin and den p3 in afternoon
i was f up as i cudnt do both the subjects n p3 paper was hard i coudnt do anythin the complex no. question was goin abt my head

Same here my friend. P4 was alright...not too bad. I hoping my A at AS and my awesome P4 will help me with an A/A* overall. :biggrin:

Maths P3 ****** me up though. I really hope I don't go lower than a B. How did people find P3 where you live? I had a mixed response here, majority really ****** it up (LEAVING 20+ marks!) while some said it was the easiest paper ever.
Reply 70
simi_kaur
yea CIE exams have fixed price and centres charge u sum addition additional cost such as conducting exam n paper delivery handling n as they have to pay per subject to CIE AFFILATION also bt yeah heard edexcel is expensive..
any idea how much do they chrge for science sub???

Science subject for which? Edexcel or CIE?
Reply 71
aura1947
Same here my friend. P4 was alright...not too bad. I hoping my A at AS and my awesome P4 will help me with an A/A* overall. :biggrin:

Maths P3 ****** me up though. I really hope I don't go lower than a B. How did people find P3 where you live? I had a mixed response here, majority really ****** it up (LEAVING 20+ marks!) while some said it was the easiest paper ever.

P3 was the easiest paper but then again i did P32 and you guys did 31
Reply 72
Hey guys, good to see at least someone gave CIE exams :p:

I gave A2 Computing, Maths, Chemistry, and Physics

Comp was good, but I missed the last question didn't see it all :frown:
However, my teacher told me I did really well in the project so A/A*

Maths was **** (insert 4 letter word of choice :p:)
S1 (62) wasn't that bad, but I made some mistakes, ~80% but many people at my center thought it was hard
I don't know what happened in p3, I thought I did OK, but all my answers differed from the maths whiz in our class so they were probably wrong, and even he said it was a little tricky
Most people left a ton of questions from p32, so I hope threshold is lower
Hopefully I can maintain a B

Was worried about physics and chem, but the papers were soooo easy.
My friends found them OK but I think I killed them :biggrin: :biggrin:

So hopefully 3A*s and a B :frown:

Anyway no point worrying now until august 10th :p:
Reply 73
Economics was ****. :sigh:
Reply 74
My friend told me eco / bus have 3 hour papers :O :O

That is just killer
Reply 75
RaYYaN

That is just killer

haha, yes. :sigh: Retards. :colonhash:
Reply 76
RaYYaN

That is just killer

So does A2 Psychology! :tongue:

It's exhilarating! You have to write like non-stop for three hours!
Reply 77
RaYYaN
Hey guys, good to see at least someone gave CIE exams :p:

I gave A2 Computing, Maths, Chemistry, and Physics

Comp was good, but I missed the last question didn't see it all :frown:
However, my teacher told me I did really well in the project so A/A*

Maths was **** (insert 4 letter word of choice :p:)
S1 (62) wasn't that bad, but I made some mistakes, ~80% but many people at my center thought it was hard
I don't know what happened in p3, I thought I did OK, but all my answers differed from the maths whiz in our class so they were probably wrong, and even he said it was a little tricky
Most people left a ton of questions from p32, so I hope threshold is lower
Hopefully I can maintain a B

Was worried about physics and chem, but the papers were soooo easy.
My friends found them OK but I think I killed them :biggrin: :biggrin:

So hopefully 3A*s and a B :frown:

Anyway no point worrying now until august 10th :p:

Surely you didn't find Chemistry P4 easy! I admit the rest were cake! Felt like I was doing GCSE papers. :tongue: Chemistry P1 was sort of challenging as well.
Chemistry 42 was utter bosh. Even students who usually get 80+ found it tough and lacked time. Our chemistry teacher too was dumbfounded at the mass spec question. :s-smilie:
Reply 79
I had 41

Most people said it was OK, but I thought it was fairly easy

Section B was totally free marks

Heard 42 was killer though, as you say fyodor

Quick Reply

Latest