The Student Room Group

The CIE thread 2010 (Results Day: 12 August)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
RaYYaN
I had 41

Most people said it was OK, but I thought it was fairly easy

Section B was totally free marks

Heard 42 was killer though, as you say fyodor

I have no idea which Chem P4 I had but I found it quite easy, except for the first question on AS material which I totally forgot.

I probably had 41 then because I also think section B was free marks, especially since I do Bio as well. Was 41 where you had to name parts of the DNA molecule from a drawing in section B?

I loved the NMR question and none of the outrageous orgo stuff that I was afraid of came up.

Both of my classmates found it terrible though so there's hope for a low threshold =)
Reply 81
Mangaartist
I have no idea which Chem P4 I had but I found it quite easy, except for the first question on AS material which I totally forgot.

I probably had 41 then because I also think section B was free marks, especially since I do Bio as well. Was 41 where you had to name parts of the DNA molecule from a drawing in section B?

I loved the NMR question and none of the outrageous orgo stuff that I was afraid of came up.

Both of my classmates found it terrible though so there's hope for a low threshold =)

Yup. You certainly did 41. 42 was hard from the very first question! You had to calculate the order of a reaction (I calculated it easily w.r.t one reactant...but I ended up using ln for the second reactant! WTF I know lol). Then you had to describe the mechanism (never seen that reaction before) and then describe an experiment to determine the rate of reaction. Geez.
Reply 82
aura1947
Yup. You certainly did 41. 42 was hard from the very first question! You had to calculate the order of a reaction (I calculated it easily w.r.t one reactant...but I ended up using ln for the second reactant! WTF I know lol). Then you had to describe the mechanism (never seen that reaction before) and then describe an experiment to determine the rate of reaction. Geez.

Ugh, that sounds pretty horrible! I see a very low grade threshold in you future =)
but those who did 41 are more likely to increase the grade threshold as more obviously did well :frown: :s-smilie:
Reply 84
Fyodor Bingoffsky
but those who did 41 are more likely to increase the grade threshold as more obviously did well :frown: :s-smilie:

Each variant has a separate threshold...
aura1947
Each variant has a separate threshold...

Yay! You certainly made my day. :biggrin: :woo:
Reply 86
Ahh CIE is killing me.
Reply 87
Is everyone finished now? We only have 7 weeks to wait =) It's a good thing results day is earlier now =)
Reply 88
The wait is only two weeks now! I'm confused of what to do or think.:woo:
Physics was slaughter! I wish I hadn't taken it!
Reply 89
meldiriel
The wait is only two weeks now! I'm confused of what to do or think.:woo:
Physics was slaughter! I wish I hadn't taken it!

Good luck! When you log in online does it show all your subjects? It only shows about half of mine, which is a bit weird.
Reply 90
Only one week left, everyone =)
Reply 91
I jus wanna knw wat i got! plus i cant really remember the papers and what i did anymore
Reply 92
Mangaartist
Only one week left, everyone =)

I'm so scared :sigh: Dunno what **** im gonna get. :s-smilie: CIE are too unpredictable...
Reply 93
Guyzzzzzz....help me out

I logged into myresults.cie.org.uk only to check the results before time :wink:

BUT.....i discovered that they have written names of only 2 subjects ( maths, physics) and grade has to be published yet (on 12 obviously)

But,, i gave 4 subjects this session including chemistry and biology....Havent they corrected those papers yet or what? my name starts with 'U'...so is tht the reason

Plzzzzzz tell me something....am so upset and scared
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:confused: :confused: :confused:
Reply 94
We weren't even given any login details. :frown:
Reply 95
aura1947
We weren't even given any login details. :frown:

why? :frown:

I got them a few days back. :afraid:
Reply 96
-M$ Ultr@-
why? :frown:

I got them a few days back. :afraid:

I don't know...I got to this crappy school in Pakistan. It's supposed to be one of the best school in the country. Bah. The pin up a list of all the students and their grades on a bulletin board. That's what happens everywhere.

Sad thing is I just moved to another city...so I am going to have to call them up (which is a MAJOR pain in the butt! lol) or ask a friend. :tongue: lol

I am so worried about Maths and Chemistry. :frown: I just hope I don't get a grade lower than a B!
Reply 97
guyz tell me something abt my previous reply abt the missing subjectss!!!

its only showing half the subjects tht i gave :s-smilie:
Reply 98
aura1947
I don't know...I got to this crappy school in Pakistan. It's supposed to be one of the best school in the country. Bah. The pin up a list of all the students and their grades on a bulletin board. That's what happens everywhere.

:rofl:

Beacon house? City?

Yeah it used to happen in my school too, I just moved to pakistan from abroad so I'm lucky to have got the online details from my school for the first time :p:

Sad thing is I just moved to another city...so I am going to have to call them up (which is a MAJOR pain in the butt! lol) or ask a friend. :tongue: lol

awww :console: sucks for you :frown:

I am so worried about Maths and Chemistry. :frown: I just hope I don't get a grade lower than a B!

Haha, math was **** this time. :p: Best of luck :smile: :hugs:
Reply 99
Evolu
guyz tell me something abt my previous reply abt the missing subjectss!!!

its only showing half the subjects tht i gave :s-smilie:

Worse for me. Says incorrect details or server too busy :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest