The Student Room Group

Failed exam BUT really good coursework

I did my English lit AS exam yesterday and as the title says it was a complete fail! My essays were frankly rubbish and I really can't imagine doing very well at all.
But, again as the title says, my coursework, which is worth about 30%, was really good as it was just one or two marks off being full marks.

So basically I'm wondering if it is possible to get a halfway decent grade in this situation?

The whole thing has just made me so happy that I'm dropping English lit next year!!!!

Thanks for your answers in advance.
Sorry, but it dosnt sound promising. Can you not get the UMS for us or something...?
You can never depend on the courseworks especially if your teacher is generous about the marks, the boards will usually recheck the courseworks that are marked to be near perfect.
Reply 3
There's nothing you can do about it now, so stop with the worrying and speculating. All you can do is wait and see - and I'm sure you'll have done better than you think. A few people on TSR last year said their English exams had gone badly and they'd done just fine! So good luck and get revising for the rest of your exams :smile:
Reply 4
Coursework acts as a boost , so say you got a D+ in your exam (im sure you didnt)... it would make it a C . So it would ultimatly affect your grade if it was on a borderline.

Latest