The Student Room Group

ICT GCSE - Coursework/Exam Grades?

Basically, due to some personal issues, I've completely fallen behind with school. I've been in and out of doctors, hospitals and what not... And everything has kind of collapsed. ICT is a big concern of mine. There are three units; two coursework units and one exam unit. Each unit is worth 30% (collective 60%) and the exam is worth 40%.

For unit one (before all the issues) I received an A* (95/100 marks). Unit two... It's due, but it's no where near finished. With exams approaching, I need to stop with the coursework and start to revise. I am thinking about leaving unit two as it is. All the work I have done is of a high standard, but there isn't enough complete.

I got an A for my ICT mock exam. Hypothetically, If I do get a high A in the actual exam, coupled with my A* coursework grade... I'd sitting at 70% A*. If the second unit of coursework is a C grade, how would that impact my overall grade? 70% A* and 30% C? Would it take me down to an A? Or would it take me down to a B?

If it does take me down to a B, then obviously I need to get on with this coursework and prioritise it over revision for other subjects.

Any help will be appreciated.
Original post by EddyEagal
Basically, due to some personal issues, I've completely fallen behind with school. I've been in and out of doctors, hospitals and what not... And everything has kind of collapsed. ICT is a big concern of mine. There are three units; two coursework units and one exam unit. Each unit is worth 30% (collective 60%) and the exam is worth 40%.

For unit one (before all the issues) I received an A* (95/100 marks). Unit two... It's due, but it's no where near finished. With exams approaching, I need to stop with the coursework and start to revise. I am thinking about leaving unit two as it is. All the work I have done is of a high standard, but there isn't enough complete.

I got an A for my ICT mock exam. Hypothetically, If I do get a high A in the actual exam, coupled with my A* coursework grade... I'd sitting at 70% A*. If the second unit of coursework is a C grade, how would that impact my overall grade? 70% A* and 30% C? Would it take me down to an A? Or would it take me down to a B?

If it does take me down to a B, then obviously I need to get on with this coursework and prioritise it over revision for other subjects.

It really depends ho high A* can you get. If the highest (about 95-97% at least) then you will get lower A. If not,then it will be higher B.
Good luck. :smile:
Original post by EddyEagal

I failed my coursework and so I need help because my mocks coming up next year can you help please 🙏

Quick Reply

Latest