The Student Room Group

So like i kinda messed up my Student Finance...

Yeah, so today i found out that cos i'm pretty much poor i'm supposed to have my Student Finance means tested, but i said no for that and only realised today :lolwut: , i called them up just now and they said that i should send off a cover letter saying that i want to change it to means tested, plus the forms for both my parents supporting an application, plus my mum's P60

Is there anything else i should send off?
mine got proper messed up:angry: I got into my insurrance uni instead of firm, but sfc assessed my application using my firm's details even though I've told them that i will not be attending Queen Mary at the beginning of September:angry: I even gave them the details about insurance uni's course details over the phone in the beginning of September, but it seems that they did not get round to updating my application:angry: and now I'm left with no money:frown: the overdraft is near its limit:frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TobeTheHero
mine got proper messed up:angry: I got into my insurrance uni instead of firm, but sfc assessed my application using my firm's details even though I've told them that i will not be attending Queen Mary at the beginning of September:angry: I even gave them the details about insurance uni's course details over the phone in the beginning of September, but it seems that they did not get round to updating my application:angry: and now I'm left with no money:frown: the overdraft is near its limit:frown:

My advice is to get in touch with either your SU or the finance department of your university (if they deal with budgeting issues). They should be able to provide you with financial management ideas along with helping you with your application. Some universities (I don't know if all do) also do crisis loans so look into that as well.
Original post by toronto353
My advice is to get in touch with either your SU or the finance department of your university (if they deal with budgeting issues). They should be able to provide you with financial management ideas along with helping you with your application. Some universities (I don't know if all do) also do crisis loans so look into that as well.

Thank you! I've talked to them this morning they said it should be updated within 4 to 5 days:smile: but then it will probably take a further 1 or 2 weeks processing:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending