The Student Room Group

Clearing or gap year and resit (for finance path)

Do you think because i messed up my maths exam my strongest subject and got a C should i resit because i only have an offer for Lancaster in Clearing. Should i resit and hopefully get an A/A* and apply for places like Manchester Leeds etc. Is there much difference if i end up doing this and applying for a straight Econ bsc course or should i go to Lancaster for a Finance course. Will this majorly impact my chances
Surrey may let you do econ and finance
Lancaster has an exceptional business school and they have good placement links. It is a top 10 uni and worth considering. The gap year/ resits is always an option but with grade boundaries uncertainty make sure you have a plan B. Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by mwaseem
Do you think because i messed up my maths exam my strongest subject and got a C should i resit because i only have an offer for Lancaster in Clearing. Should i resit and hopefully get an A/A* and apply for places like Manchester Leeds etc. Is there much difference if i end up doing this and applying for a straight Econ bsc course or should i go to Lancaster for a Finance course. Will this majorly impact my chances

in the same situation - have u decided what you're planning to do?
Original post by mwaseem

Hi there,

I am going into my fourth year of a maths and statistics integrated masters. I know you have probably made a decision by now but I thought that I would just add that Lancaster does provide excellent support through the management school for careers. We host careers fairs regularly, as well as having strong links with industry. This summer I personally completed a summer internship with PwC in audit and the university was amazing in supporting me throughout the whole process. Especially when it came to writing a professional CV as many finance related jobs only accept 1 page CVs so it can be a challenge to include everything you want to. I'm sure whichever option you picked will work out. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about Lancaster though.

- Amy (Lancaster Student Ambassador) :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by choco1234
in the same situation - have u decided what you're planning to do?

Decided on resitting
Reply 6
Original post by mwaseem
Decided on resitting

Did your school let u go back into leasons?
Reply 7
Original post by mwaseem
Decided on resitting

me too! where are you thinking of applying this time?
Reply 8
Original post by choco1234
me too! where are you thinking of applying this time?

full econ this time
Reply 9
Original post by mwaseem
full econ this time

oh cool, what unis have u applied to

Quick Reply

Latest