The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
By the way i dont have a set career in mind but if i was to say whats the main thing im looking to be, It would either be , Interior designer or Landscape Architect, Or some other sort of architecture
Reply 21
I wish I did Maths Mechanics (cos I found the Mechanics in Physics really hard).

Glad you're reconsidering Art. It's just way too much work and even my friends who are good at art get low grades. ):

Then that is why you find it alright. Would you honestly say that someone who got a C or B would do well without doing lots of extra work? People who get A* even don't do well, so you knowwww

I didn't get an A* in GCSE maths and I didn't do most of the homework set (not that I'm recommending that at all!) and I didn't find Maths that hard tbh (although I only got a B in Stats).

You just have to do like every single past paper because the types of question they ask are the same.
Reply 22
I think that if the OP wants to do something like architecture taking maths instead of just mechanics might be more useful. Why don't you ask your maths teacher what modules they do for the AS maths course. It's usually Core 1 and Core 2 with either Stats 1 or Mechanics 1. If they are doing mechanics as one of the three modules you can have the best of both worlds...

I don't want to scare you off but I have a lot of reasonably intelligent friends who do further maths and if there's one thing I've learnt, it's that Mechanics grade boundaries are usually lower for a reason. Just bear that in mind and that you will have to work hard. However I have a friend who did fast-track maths and she did say that helped with physics (the mechanics aspect) so taking Mechanics does have its advantages. The real question you should be asking yourself is whether you'd enjoy taking straight mechanics...if the answer is yes. Then your problem is solved.

Latest