The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by WildBerrySpirit
So I finally got around to watching The Rains of Castamere, and I'm literally lost for words. I thought nothing could shock me more than season one's finale, with Ned's death, but the last five minutes of this episode were incredibly chilling. I honestly can't stop thinking about it.
That's three of my favourite characters killed now. :frown:

Robb Stark was your favourite? He was barely a developed character at all, lol.
Original post by Ace Ten

One of the few, yes.

I disagree. He may not have been a fully fledged character, however, If you were look back on from the first series to the current one, the change in his character is quite noticeable.
I'm so excited for the finale!

I've been motivating myself to do work and telling myself that my reward is the fact that I get to watch Game of Thrones before I go to College to hand a major assignment in.

My mum also roped me into letting her watch it too, though.

6am start isn't so bad when you have Tyrion Lannister to wake up to.
Reply 3983
Original post by Ace Ten

Thanks for the negs, Bran and Rickon. :rolleyes:

One of the few, yes.

I disagree. He may not have been a fully fledged character, however, If you were look back on from the first series to the current one, the change in his character is quite noticeable.

Imo he wasn't. He changed a little when he became "King in the North" and after a couple of his victories, but he hadn't changed that much I don't think. It would've been more interesting if he was 15 like he is in the books.

I did feel bad for his death, though. After his victories against the Lannisters and how much his bannermen loved him (well some of them :rolleyes:) he atleast deserved a glorious death in battle. But I guess GRRM gets us more mad this way.
Reply 3984
When I first watched TGOF I didn't know anything about it and picked up series 1 about a year after it came out. I thought Ned Stark was going to be sort of the main character it revolved around, couldn't believe it when he got killed. Then I soon found out there is like 100 main characters and story lines and my head exploded and I fell in love with it. I have an interview tomorrow morning and I'm also getting up before hand to watch it haha.
Reply 3985
I still haven't seen ep9 thanks to my ****ty rural internet connection!
Reply 3986
Original post by G8D
Have you tried downloading instead of streaming...?

Sky Go has turned from a great idea into a blind money grab and will now only let you download if you have Sky Go Extra! Unless of course you're talking about less legal downloads then I wouldn't know where to start because I don't stream/download anything illegally... I even pay for my own music!
Reply 3987
Original post by G8D
How perplexing.

It's against the rules for me to tell you how to do it but it really isn't hard (mods: I'm not intending this to sound like encouragement). I'm sure you've heard of certain popular sites for it. I'm sure instructions may be found on there.

Ok I shall explore the internet and see what Google turns up.
Original post by Ace Ten
Thanks for the negs, Bran and Rickon. :rolleyes:

Imo he wasn't. He changed a little when he became "King in the North" and after a couple of his victories, but he hadn't changed that much I don't think. It would've been more interesting if he was 15 like he is in the books.

I did feel bad for his death, though. After his victories against the Lannisters and how much his bannermen loved him (well some of them :rolleyes:) he atleast deserved a glorious death in battle. But I guess GRRM gets us more mad this way.

Hmm I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree at this point.

Yep, absolutely! There was plenty of loyalty amongst them. That coupled with the fact that Robb also came across as this charismatic, just and morally upstanding character. I suppose he's the type of character that most would root for in such a situation, and his death just wasn't befitting enough.

Waiting in anticipation for the finale. :sad:
Reply 3989
Hmm I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree at this point.

Yep, absolutely! There was plenty of loyalty amongst them. That coupled with the fact that Robb also came across as this charismatic, just and morally upstanding character. I suppose he's the type of character that most would root for in such a situation, and his death just wasn't befitting enough.

Waiting in anticipation for the finale. :sad:

When I read the Red Wedding in the books I was just like 'why, why have you done this, what happens now, I couldn't face the next chapter for like a day!
Original post by Ace Ten

Personally, I disagree - he went from a boy of Winterfell to King of the North. That's a huge character development, right there.
Reply 3991
Roslin Frey and Jorah Mormont were on today's (yesterday's) Poirot, if anyone noticed. I admit I had to check if it was really the same actress for Roslin though :tongue:
Reply 3992
Pretty rubbish finale tbh. :frown:
Hmm 8/10 for this episode. It was good but some bits let it down:

Spoiler

That's all I have a gripe with but these few points really did bring down the episode for me.
ending made me cringe...
Slight Spoiler - Series 4 Episode 9 - first GoT episode I've EVER watched because I was on holiday and so I watched it with my Mum and Dad. They had lost one episode and so had to watch it online and they were so psyched to watch it they didn't send me to bed or nothing.....

OMG!!!!!
WTF????

That's all I'll say....
Jon Snow is my favourite probably. Crows before hoes.
EEEEEK watching the finale now. Great put down to Joffrey from Tyrion at the beginning!
Good season finale.

Spoiler

Why do middle-class women who think they are sophisticated like lana-del-ray watch game of throns to oggle at the men and hope that the men would fertilize them?

Either way , final episode ending seems strange according to most.

Latest