The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
A MMO sounds ok. I don't think an RPG has much to stand on.

I'm not going to watch the new series until it is completely finished. I do it with most things. The suspense is killing me!
Reply 861
Well I must admit all of the Renly/Loras homosexuality references slipped straight past me! Looking at them now I'm ashamed to have missed them :lol:
Original post by Aust1n
They're making a game... :facepalm2:

If it gives you any comfort, GRRM has written the story for the game himself, so at least they won't be able to murder the canon.
Time that could have been spent writing the next book. :colonhash:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Considering the gap between publishing AFFC and ADWD, I don't think spending a few months on a side-arc will make too much difference :\
There seems to be a correlation between the length of time it takes for his book to get published and the overall quality of said book. I think many just fear he will pull another Robert Jordan.
Reply 866
Is it not just a series tie in, rather than a whole new thing?
I've just read Game of Thrones for the first time. No homosexuality that I noticed. Or are we talking season 2.
Reply 868
Original post by beepbeeprichie
I've just read Game of Thrones for the first time. No homosexuality that I noticed. Or are we talking season 2.

who is that women :eek:?
Original post by G550NDH
who is that women :eek:?

Kayden Kross. Have fun!
Reply 870
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

George R.R. Martin is not your bitch :teehee:
Original post by Aust1n
Is it not just a series tie in, rather than a whole new thing?

Yeah it's set in the SOIAF universe, but it's based around an entirely new location/characters if I remember correctly.
Reply 872
Nice one. Could be alright then.
One week people :woo:
My favourite character is......Littlefinger
Reply 875
Original post by beepbeeprichie

There aren't really any - or it's extremely oblique, but you have to change things for different media, I suppose. I actually like some of the depictions of the characters on TV far more than in the books. The Tyrion in the books takes 300 pages to get going, but the ten second shot of him quaffing a mug of beer whilst getting a BJ from a hooker accomplishes exactly the same thing. Also, they could have made him up to death, as in the books and a lot of the artwork, he's supposed to be quite deformed (especially after a battle) whereas on screen, he's much more "human" and fits in with the rather ambiguous morality of the Lannister brothers.

Some of the casting is just genius. I saw a picture of the woman that is going to be Brienne, and you just know it's right. I don't know how much influence the artwork had, but Charles Dance as Tywin and Nikolaj C-W as Jaime: I can't really imagine them being anyone else. Peter Dinklage goes without saying. I can see him becoming President.
Reply 876
One whooooole week. Ahh I can't wait!
Original post by Clip
Peter Dinklage goes without saying. I can see him becoming President.

I would apply for American citizenship if he ran, just so I could vote for him.

But yeah, the casting is all pretty damn spot on.
Reply 878
Shiit, very excited! Nearly finished a Dance for Dragons as well.
Reply 879
Original post by Aust1n
They're making a game... :facepalm2:

There's already a card game and a board game, both of which predate the TV programme, and both of which are pretty good if you like that sort of thing. They also seem to be the basis of most of the conceptual art.

cardsleevesart2.jpg

ffg_ccg_Asha_Greyjoy_LadyIronborn.jpg

Latest