The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can anyone remember the question title for the mind essay that wasn't the access eliminative materialsm, and what they wrote about in it
Reply 2
It was something like "Do any of the theories provide an adequate account of how the mind interacts with the body and how the body interacts with the mind?." That's not what it was word for word, but that's how I interpreted it at least.
Reply 3
GeorgeMorgan
So how did it go for everyone?

:ninja:

Not too bad considering how little revision got done :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks George Morgan. Just wondering what you wrote about, i have a friend who wrote only about dualism and ocasionalism, pscho-physical parrallism, epiphenomenalism etc where as I wrote about the mind theories in general in tackling the relation of mind and body. Did one of us get it horribly wrong, or are they both ok?
Reply 5
I think all of those are probably OK. I did exactly the same thing as you for that question. But I'm not really sure what would have been best. I wrote a bit about epiphenomenalism, but I took the question to be about the theories of mind as well. Just have to wait and see I suppose. What other question did you do?
Reply 6
We do moral philosophy. I chose the question about wether the fact different cultures have different moral judgements shows there is no moral truth. The Moral relativism question basically.
Reply 7
I had a ditz moment at the start and thought political was the first section and then panicked cause I couldn't find the mind questions anywhere, I even checked the back XD
Glad natural rights question came up, I'd been hoping it would :smile:
Reply 8
I did the cultural relativism one too! What conclusion did you come to? I said that cultural realtivism doesn't necessarily mean that there are no moral truths.
Reply 9
Rubgish
:ninja:

Not too bad considering how little revision got done :smile:

Which mind one did you say you did Rubgish?
Reply 10
GeorgeMorgan
Which mind one did you say you did Rubgish?

I did the eliminative materialism one, and the duty morality question. Probably not the best questions looking back, but I guess there is just Mill to look forward to now :biggrin:
Reply 11
Yeah so did I. I said moral realists had strong arguments and even non-cognitivits had far stronger arguments than just cultural difference to rely on
Reply 12
omg i totally messed up. i did asses eliminative materialism. but wrote all about materialistic theories..such as identity and hehaviourism. i also did problems of dualism. so basically i didnt answer the auestion at alll !!! what kind or marks do u think i can get from that?

the other question on miracles i did good in tho.shud get good marks.but i need an A overall! hmmm.
Messed up a bit on the political question. I did the one on liberty and the state.

I redeemed myself with the religion essay though. I just dicked all over religious experience.
69Crazyfists
Messed up a bit on the political question. I did the one on liberty and the state.

I redeemed myself with the religion essay though. I just dicked all over religious experience.

Hey, do you know what the quote was from and what it meant?

I would have preferred to have done the religious experience question, but settled with miracles because I couldn't understand it.
Pinchy_Lobster
Hey, do you know what the quote was from and what it meant?

I would have preferred to have done the religious experience question, but settled with miracles because I couldn't understand it.

It was Bertrand Russell. He basically said that if one person were to take drugs and see God and the other were to starve and see a rabbit in a top hat, one is not more valid than the other. Therefore religious experience (especially mystics) = ****
69Crazyfists
It was Bertrand Russell. He basically said that if one person were to take drugs and see God and the other were to starve and see a rabbit in a top hat, one is not more valid than the other. Therefore religious experience (especially mystics) = ****

Oh ok. That makes sense now. It just threw me having never seen it I think. Thanks.
Reply 17
did anyone do philosophy of religion and epistemology?
Pinchy_Lobster
Oh ok. That makes sense now. It just threw me having never seen it I think. Thanks.

I really had to think about it when I saw it first. It wasn't really essentially to the question anyway.
Reply 19
if i have got 180 ums points so far....what grade do i need in these following exams..bearing in mind that 1 is worth 60% and one is worth 40% ?

i totally screwed up the exam worth 50% tho !
and i need an A overal !

Latest

Trending

Trending