The Student Room Group
Reply 1
ugh i know! sort of same situation last year! sometimes schools dnt know best!!! ;p we had a point system in which you had to take a certain amount of subjects to stay atr school! i know STUPID!
well i got my parents to phone and they shouted at the head.....lol and it all got sorted!
really at the end of the day its up 2 u cuz u're the one doin it!
Reply 2
yeh shouting does help someone in our year wanted to do AH French but the school wouldnt let her then she got both her parents so phone up seperatly and now she is allowed to teach herself it I think. Also just dont bother doing the projeect over the summer. pretty sure your parents will stick up for you.
Reply 3
You can do whatever you like. Get your parents to phone up, do nothing in your maths class and refuse to hand in any homework. Make a stand or let them walk right over you, your choice.
Reply 4
Bismillah
Ok short version is as short as can be:

I am taking AH Bio+Chem for sure. I chose AH Maths, but after 1 week decided it wasn't really my type, so I asked to drop it and take AH Physics.
Today we had a meeting (Me, Maths teacher, Physics teacher, Director of Studies). Physics and Maths teachers said that you need to pass higher to take advanced higher. I say I think i got a better grade in physics than maths (infact im sure of it).
They say no, you have to take 4 AHs till summer (and then do the projects the teachers will set you in the summer too) so effectively I'm doing 4 AH's until September when we go back to school....

Surely if they are basing this on the fact they dont know my grades then I should have had this scenario for Chemistry and Biology? Well i dont, the physics and maths teachers are being really.. not annoying but.. difficult about it. I chose maths then surely i should be able to drop it? It's only me in the class, we're a small school.. but thats not the point.

Well now I have 3 school weeks of AH Maths which i KNOW i wont take next year, then i have another 8 of a stupid project which will waste my ******* summer completely.

I reckon not starting the project until August 4th when results come will do. if i do better in physics, do that project, as i'll be taking it.

maths can go fnjwenfjkewfejkrfgjker off seriously why does everything have to be so difficult?

ANYWAY i just wanted to show you my frustration.
i had like
20 free periods.. now ive got almost 0. great.

and the maths teacher is now giving me SO MUCH homework cos she knows im gonna drop it.. feels like a punishment.

what do i o?

Are you saying you are doing project in maths, cause there is none! I know as just finished AH maths

Anyways do as posters said above....or drop biology as its useless and take maths physics and chemistry, as there the best:yep:
Reply 5
I'm doing those 4AH's out of choice and I intend to finish them. Now the school is making me crash a higher to fill all 5 timetable slots because we don't have any free periods at our school.

The moral of the story is: **** happens

Latest

Trending

Trending