The Student Room Group

Dentistry at Glasgow uni - minimum grades!!

Studying dentistry at Glasgow uni is my DREAM but my results weren’t so good this year- AABBC (A in bio and English, B in chem and mods, C in maths). However, the entry requirements for Glasgow Uni are AABB. What are the chances of me getting in and how can I increase them?
Reply 1
Dentistry at Glasgow university is a very competitive course and most people applying will have 4/5 A's. Glasgow university gives out interviews to those that do really well in the UCAT exam and they give out offers based on interviews.
Original post by ITS2019
Dentistry at Glasgow university is a very competitive course and most people applying will have 4/5 A's. Glasgow university gives out interviews to those that do really well in the UCAT exam and they give out offers based on interviews.

Hi!
Do you know what is approximately the UCAT score that Glasgow uni requires?
Reply 3
I believe above average so like approx 630+ but you are also competing against candidates who have strong higher grades. Have you done the UCAT?
Original post by ITS2019
I believe above average so like approx 630+ but you are also competing against candidates who have strong higher grades. Have you done the UCAT?

I did my UCAT and got only 2360 and band 4. I am applying as a graduate applicant with achieved 1st in Biomed.
Ai applied to Glasgow last year as well with a predicted 1st but due having 2350 (similar score to this year) I got rejected.:frown:
How about you?
Reply 5
Any reason you decided to take 4/5 a levels? I can guarantee that you wouldve got sufficient grades, had you done 3.
Reply 6
Original post by Nuttyy
Any reason you decided to take 4/5 a levels? I can guarantee that you wouldve got sufficient grades, had you done 3.

I think she has done Scottish Highers, not A levels.
Reply 7
Original post by ITS2019
I think she has done Scottish Highers, not A levels.

Ah ok, don't understand them
Reply 8
Original post by ITS2019
Dentistry at Glasgow university is a very competitive course and most people applying will have 4/5 A's. Glasgow university gives out interviews to those that do really well in the UCAT exam and they give out offers based on interview

OK thank you!!
Reply 9
Original post by ITS2019

I got 23570 and band 3, not as good as I thought I would do. My backup is bio med so I can apply to dentistry as a graduate applicant after that.
Hello

I got AAABB in my scottish highers. I got A in chemistry, human biology and business. But i got a B in English and Maths. Will i get into dentistry at University of Glasgow. My UCAT EXAM is in 4 weeks and im confident in that.
Hi Everyone , Hope everyone is pleased with their results I manged to get AAABC in my higher results
My As where in Biology,Maths,Pe, My B was in Chemistry and My C in English.
Im looking to apply for dentistry and i would like to know if my results would be considered and if not will i have to retake Chemistry and English agai?. (Also sitting my Ucat exam during september and my current Subjects for s6 are AH Bio, AH Chem, and higher geography I would like to know what will i need to retake and what subjects I will need to do in s6.)
Original post by Student0611
Hi Everyone , Hope everyone is pleased with their results I manged to get AAABC in my higher results
Im looking to apply for dentistry and i would like to know if my results would be considered and if not will i have to retake Chemistry and English agai?. (Also sitting my Ucat exam during september and my current Subjects for s6 are AH Bio, AH Chem, and higher geography I would like to know what will i need to retake and what subjects I will need to do in s6.)

Nah, sorry you have to get your highers minimum AAABB in first sitting. You dont have the minimum requirements so you will not be able to apply.
Original post by guestlogin3389
Nah, sorry you have to get your highers minimum AAABB in first sitting. You dont have the minimum requirements so you will not be able to apply.

Higher minimum are AABB by the end of S5
Original post by Student0611

Can I also ask what secondary school you attend because maybe based on your school it might be adjusted
Original post by guestlogin3389
Can I also ask what secondary school you attend because maybe based on your school it might be adjusted

Its on the website have a look

Quick Reply

Latest