The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
IPlayThePiccolo
I'd agree with you there. Though it's quite sad when people genuinely don't see that they are beautiful isn't it. btw this person i quoted... i love the subjunctive too. xx

WHO DOESN'T?!?!!?!?!? hahahahahaha
And I know what you mean! I know so many amazing and beautiful people and they just don't beleive it! Although I'm one to talk :p: I am the least confident person ever :frown:
NeedToAskAMod
:unsure: What I didn't quite get that? :teehee:

you are beautiful.... in every single way
when you look at something beautifull, your first impression is WOW, wether its a persons looks, or view.
Beautifull has also got a close conection with natural.
Beautifull things get attention.
I alsso conect it with delicate and pretty, and maby even the need to be looked after. Like a garden, to become beautifull it needs to be weeded.
As for confidence, I dont think confidence is beautifull, confidence is a personality trait. The quitest and shyest people can be beautifull, beautifull does not speak, it's like art, it's what you see and make of it!
Reply 23
This

Seriously happiness, there's nothing more beautiful than a little girl's smile. Innocent and genuine.
Me, me is beautiful. And special.
TheProdigy2k9
you are beautiful.... in every single way

You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring you down :love:
Reply 26
hmmmmmmmmm............ the word beautiful is beautiful
Leahcar
WHO DOESN'T?!?!!?!?!? hahahahahaha
And I know what you mean! I know so many amazing and beautiful people and they just don't beleive it! Although I'm one to talk :p: I am the least confident person ever :frown:

aha then we are alike. one of the reasons i am doing this project is cos i struggle with confidence and i'm looking into why do many girls/boys can't look in the mirror and think, 'I'm pretty/good looking and I really believe that.' Part of my research will involve sending letters to magazines that run trashy weight loss stories to see why they get printed and whether the self-worth of the people reading them is taken into account.
See sig.
NeedToAskAMod
Words can't bring you down :love:

i dunno the rest lmao, i only remember those 2 lines from mean girls.
Reply 30
IPlayThePiccolo
Dear the Student Room,
I am currently researching for an extended project. This is a project which can be done at GCSE or A Level and it’s pretty much a chance to look into a subject that really interests you. The subject for my project is the perception of beauty. In order to get an idea of what normal (or at least fairly normal) people think beauty is, I’ve set up this thread for people to comment on. What is beauty? What qualities does a beautiful person have? What do you personally think beauty means? If there’s anyone from another culture i.e. Eastern as opposed to western, I would love to hear your views too. Thank you very much.
:biggrin: xxx

Beauty can be a number of things. It can be naturally beautiful people (girls without make-up). Also if i saw a woman who was really attractive (not tarty) but dressed smartly and confident i'd think she was beautiful.

Also babies and children are beautiful. love is beautiful between two partners, and between parents and their children.

A mice personality is beautiful, as it makes the person beautiful from the inside. Also Amir Khan lol...check this out.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03_04/khanG2503_468x687.jpg
Cesc Fabregas
TheProdigy2k9
i dunno the rest lmao, i only remember those 2 lines from mean girls.

Don't look at me

Every day is so wonderful
And suddenly, i saw debris
Now and then, I get insecure
From all the pain, I'm so ashamed

I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down
So don't you bring me down today

To all your friends, you're delirious
So consumed in all your doom
Trying hard to fill the emptiness
The piece is gone left the puzzle undone
That's the way it is

Words can't bring you down
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring you down
Don't you bring me down today...

No matter what we do
(no matter what we do)
No matter what they say
(no matter what they say)
When the sun is shining through
Then the clouds won't stay

And everywhere we go
(everywhere we go)
The sun won't always shine
(sun won't always shine)
But tomorrow will find a way
All the other times

'cause we are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes, words won't bring us down, oh no
We are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring us down
Don't you bring me down today

Thought I'd put it on here....
Just for you :h: XOX :lovehug:
love that song and it somes things up pretty well
Reply 34
You :smile:
Reply 35
IPlayThePiccolo
Dear the Student Room,
I am currently researching for an extended project. This is a project which can be done at GCSE or A Level and it’s pretty much a chance to look into a subject that really interests you. The subject for my project is the perception of beauty. In order to get an idea of what normal (or at least fairly normal) people think beauty is, I’ve set up this thread for people to comment on. What is beauty? What qualities does a beautiful person have? What do you personally think beauty means? If there’s anyone from another culture i.e. Eastern as opposed to western, I would love to hear your views too. Thank you very much.
:biggrin: xxx

Check sig, beauty right there...
NeedToAskAMod

awww you big old softy, come over here and give me a hug
:hugs:
Reply 37
lays in a persons eyes
x_dwin_ffeimys_x
when you look at something beautifull, your first impression is WOW, wether its a persons looks, or view.
Beautifull has also got a close conection with natural.
Beautifull things get attention.
I alsso conect it with delicate and pretty, and maby even the need to be looked after. Like a garden, to become beautifull it needs to be weeded.
As for confidence, I dont think confidence is beautifull, confidence is a personality trait. The quitest and shyest people can be beautiful, beautiful does not speak, it's like art, it's what you see and make of it!

I couldn't agree more.
I would say beauty should be effortless, not necessarily confident and enforcing their beauty on others.
The most beautiful people that I notice are those people who grab your attention even when sat quietly in a world of their own. A bit of a mystery.
Reply 39
Delighting the senses or exciting intellectual or emotional admiration.

Latest

Trending

Trending