The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

What is it like at university of bath

Hello. What is it like studying at bath. What are the facilities like. The campus the teachers, the lectures. Tell me everything about the university. Good and bad please.
Reply 1
Have you been to an Open Day?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
This campus tour is two hours long (!) so flick through the bits that dont interest you - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuJvxVT6mycv=zuJvxVT6myc

Bath City - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDFZv-YAD8
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Have you been to an Open Day?

Im going to one soon around september
Original post by Anonymous
Hello. What is it like studying at bath. What are the facilities like. The campus the teachers, the lectures. Tell me everything about the university. Good and bad please.

Hi,

I am currently a student at the University of Bath and here are my honest thoughts of the pros and cons of the University of Bath!

PROS:
- CAMPUS: Our campus is about a 15 minute walk from corner to corner, meaning that you are so close to everything! We are a medium sized university which means that we have a lovely community on campus where you are always bumping into your friends. On campus we have a supermarket, hairdresser, cafes, canteens, sport facilities, library, music and drama rehearsal spaces, theatre etc.

- FACILITIES: One of our best facilities on campus is of course our Sports Training Village which has state of the art equipment for every kind of sport you could ever want to play! We have also just opened our Management Building, which has beautiful study places, incredible food and lots of computers and equipment for all students to use.

- SUPPORT: Here at the University of Bath we have an incredibly dedicated team which helps support students 24/7. We are currently ranked 1st in England for Student Satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2022, which is attributed to the very many different Wellbeing Services that the university have. We have so much to offer, including: playing with puppies, wellbeing walks, free 24/7 access to Nightline which gives mental health support to all students, our dedicated Wellbeing team which offers free therapy sessions with much shorter wait times, free group therapy groups for different people e.g. those suffering with grief, young carers etc.

- BEAUTIFUL CITY: Bath is classified as a UNESCO World Heritage City due to its level of historical significance and beauty - and what a privilege it is to live in such a beautiful town. All students at the university also gain free access to the Roman Baths which is a fantastic thing to use when friends and family come to visit, or a fun activity to do with flatmates.

CONS:
- LESS DIVERSE: Whilst the university have widely increased diversity over the last couple of years, we are still a relatively small town! This means that we are not going to be as diverse as bigger cities such as London, however this doesn't mean that there is none.

- COST OF LIVING: As every part of the UK, Bath has seen an increase in cost of living. This has been more impactful due to the already higher cost of living which Bath has, due to its beautiful city, safe streets and demand for housing. The university have schemes to offset this, including £1.50 lunch options, paying all their student staff a livable NOT JUST minimum wage etc.

- MORE RELAXED NIGHTLIFE: Whilst the relaxed nightlife was a pro for me, it is understandable that some people prefer a much more bustling nightlife with lots of options for pubs and clubs. I regularly go out in the evening to enjoy a pint with friends, go to the pub quiz, go clubbing at my favourite club or just go for cocktails, however it is undeniable that bigger cities such as Bristol or London have a much bigger nightlife. Lots of students in Bath looking for a bigger night out travel to Bristol for nights out, as it is only 12 minutes on the train!

I hope this is helpful and please let us know if you have any more questions as we'd be happy to help!
Sophia (Student at the University of Bath)

Quick Reply

Latest