The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Whizz
Theres a link on the KCLSU homepage. I'll see if i can find it and edit this post.

Edit: http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=uk&query=schedule&promoter=kingcollege

You're wonderful :smile:

Is anyone booking online or do you think going along to an SU office on the 17th will be ok?

D xx
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
She may very well be.. Let's ask James:

Whizz, you're wonderful..
You're wonderful..
You're wonderful, it's true.
There must be a textbook with a :smile: on its face
Cos it's going to be read by you

:nurse:
Reply 42
^ Does he swear on the album and ruin the song too :frown:
Dreama
^ Does he swear on the album and ruin the song too :frown:
The sweary version is about 2-3 bpm slower too.. and the backing track uses a hawaiian/jazz guitar.. whereas the single version has a cooler guitar sound with a natural pacing to it.. So it might not just be the swearing that ruins track 2 on the album.

Anyhow, if ever swearing made me laugh at a singer.. Madonna at Live8.. milked the crowd with her all-white performance and introducing that lady.. then asked London if they were.. well, ready. ^o)

Of freshers' nights - I found the best to be the second Phase, Tantra and Ministry's medic (though not exclusively) event called 999. Two years in a row, all great fun! :smile:
Reply 44
^ Why did you go to Tantra?
Yeah the second phase will still be very busy, it just won't be absolutely mentally heaving.
Reply 46
Well, it works out great for me. All the genres of music I like the least are lumped together on their own nights, so I can avoid them easily.
Dreama
^ Why did you go to Tantra?
Tutu's (Phase) is assumed to be for Strand and Waterloo students, whereas Inverse is on Guys campus.

999 is assumed to be for Medical students.

Tantra may be promoted at Law students.

I do what I feel like :smile:
Reply 48
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to the first Phase of the year!!!!!

It's an absolute CLASSIC night out for Kings peeps!!

Woooooooooooh! I can't wait to be back!
pysmon2
Haha you dirty rocker, I bet you're going Octane aren't you!? Only joking.
FTM is a really long album! I saw them at Brixton Academy back in March - the 2 hour set was insane!!!
I used to be a fan of ATDI as well, so I'm quite fond of 'their' work.
The festival is called All Tomorrow's Parties http://www.atpfestival.com/ like the Velvet Underground song. It's going to be at the Camber Sands Holiday Centre, which is basically old Pontins...oh how I reminisce of yesteryear. I think around early December, and it'll be about £120 including three nights in the Chalets. My mates are going so I'll probably go too.
I'll probably end up going Octane anyway.

sounds cool man. why the hell's it in Pontins??
****in' love ATDI as well,d'you get 'this station is non-operational' ? some of the unreleased stuff is awesome.
i'll see if i can scrape some money together by christmas. be great to see them again, and i wanna see if Paul Hinojos actually does anything with Cedric's voice now he's joined.i'll probably be at Octane as well, d'you know of any other decent alternative nights? doesn't appear to be much on the freshers events, except 'collide a skope'.
Reply 50
So, do we have to buy tickets online? What are the chances of events being sold out??
Reply 51
The event will get sold out, but I don't think there's no need to buy tickets online if you don't want to. I went with my flatmates and bought tickets one of the first days last year. And even if you don't get tickets to, say, the Badge Party, you can always go and hang out in the Waterfront (the bar in the Macadam building) - there'll be a lot of people there without tickets for sure.
Reply 52
anyone buying tickets online for the fresher's ball?
Reply 53
yes.
Reply 54
Do you think i will be majorly buggered if i turn up on wednesday with no tickets? hmm just cos i don't wanna go to the crap events where none of my wonderful new friends are going.
The Freshers' Ball will always pull huge attendances because of the high profile nature. But truth be told, the entertainment is poor.. the sideshows on 1st floor - free formal photos, henna drawings, etc will entertain most people til the "entertainment" upstairs in the (4th floor) club stops and the place turns into a proper club.
Reply 56
What would you guys recommend?

a) The Badge party
b) The Freshers ball
c) None of the above
Badge! Definitely.. will be dull in parts and fun in other areas. Carry your own party with you and *never* go out to collect numbers or simply compete at meeting people with a mate. Just talk to anyone and everyone!
You have the ADVANTAGE at the Badge Party, students will not really know each other, whereas by the time the Freshers' Ball comes around cliques will have already formed.

When Roger Federer gets an advantage, he uses it.
Reply 59
Cheers! :wink:

Latest