The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Specifically? None.

Broadly speaking? Anything you want.
Reply 2
ive heard you can go into banking, industry, etc. but not sure about the specifics.
Reply 3
U can become a Personal Assistant i've heard. Banking- Legal Advisor.. u dont make any decisions but just advise on legal matters for the bank/firm.
Reply 4
Essentially, that does still entail 'practicing law' [putting your expertise to use, constructively]; but in a more oblique sense. Furthermore, many prefer the job security, and absence of 'limelight': there is no dearth of astute, legal minds that lack the level of command or 'stage-presence' necessary to advocate but are, nevertheless, loathed to resign themselves to academia.
Reply 5
Profesh
Essentially, that does still entail 'practicing law' [putting your expertise to use, constructively]; but in a more oblique sense. Furthermore, many prefer the job security, and absence of 'limelight': there is no dearth of astute, legal minds that lack the level of command or 'stage-presence' necessary to advocate but are, nevertheless, loathed to resign themselves to academia.

whoops sorry the title is misleading , but i meant careers other than being a lawyer.
Reply 6
Profesh is correct (once you've understood what he's trying to say).

Legal-related jobs? In-house lawyer, advisor to government bodies etc.

Non-legal related? Management/finance/journalism etc. The perceived difficulty of a law degree itself is attractive to many employers in industry as are the analytical and language skills that you develop.
You can also be a legal academic if you want to (thats what im thinking of doing)
Reply 8
Prime Minister
Reply 9
chalks
Profesh is correct (once you've understood what he's trying to say).

yea he is, just got what he was saying.
Reply 10
TheVlad
Prime Minister

:congrats:

:rolleyes:
Reply 11
My vernacular speech does inherit many of its traits, yes; although it also boasts several less formal ones [use of the word 'cool'; among others]. So 'more normal' would be a fair appraisal; even if it is still, relatively speaking, somewhere beyond the standard deviation. :rolleyes:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
I'm touched, as though a child in Neverland [no, not that 'Neverland'].
Reply 13
Profesh
My vernacular speech does inherit many of its traits, yes; although it also boasts several less formal ones [use of the word 'cool'; among others]. So 'more normal' would be a fair appraisal; even if it is still, relatively speaking, somewhere beyond the standard deviation. :rolleyes:

:confused: could you reply to the question with just a yes or no.
Reply 14
ramroff
:confused: could you reply to the question with just a yes or no.

:confused:

That depends: would you perhaps consider re-phrasing your 'question' as a question?
Reply 15
do you speak normally?
Reply 16
ramroff
do you speak normally?

No. :smile:

Does this surprise you; I mean, really? :rolleyes:
Reply 17
i suppose it doesnt. Profesh, the reason you would win court cases is because you would confuse the judge by your language :wink:
Reply 18
Are you hoping to practice law?
Reply 19
chalks
Are you hoping to practice law?

Which: me; or Ramroff?

I thought I'd give it a shot: if I take to the subject (as I hope I will) then we'll see about securing a 2:1 and a TC somewhere nice; if not, I'll likely transfer to an English course. I feel I owe it to myself at least to try: as I call it, English is the proverbial 'easy option'; and I'd prefer to at least test the deep end, before resigning myself to the shallow. Can't be doing with those 'what if's. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending