The Student Room Group

PSYA3 on Monday

Doing Relationships, Biological Rhythms and Eating Behaviour, and have completely run out of time so am going to guess the questions that are going to come up.

If anyone else is in this situation, based on the specimen paper and the January paper the topics most likely to come up are:

Sleep States
Effects of early experiences on adult relationships
Role of neural mechanisms in eating behaviour
Evolutionary explanations to the origins of the human diet

Also haven't had a teacher for a long time and don't have a clue how to write an essay; need a B, any help here would be appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
this exam is vile!!! i'm doing eating behaviour, sleep and biorhythms also.
what were the january paper topics?
Reply 2
How can you be sure that those topics are most likely to come up?

I'm doing Biological Rhythms, Relationships and Intelligence....
Reply 3
Littlebee22
this exam is vile!!! i'm doing eating behaviour, sleep and biorhythms also.
what were the january paper topics?

They were on differences in reproductive behaviours, dieting, and insomnia with a 4 marker on circadian rhythms.

It is a vile exam we only have 30 minutes per question! And I bet the questions will be really specific :frown:
Reply 4
toxik_apple
How can you be sure that those topics are most likely to come up?

I'm doing Biological Rhythms, Relationships and Intelligence....

Because there are 3 sub topics within every topic, and the ones I listed have not been included in any of the previous papers; I know its a long shot and very risky but...
Reply 5
arsenal_2692
They were on differences in reproductive behaviours, dieting, and insomnia with a 4 marker on circadian rhythms.

It is a vile exam we only have 30 minutes per question! And I bet the questions will be really specific :frown:

i know half an hour for 24 marks guttedd!!
but most marks are for evaluation, A02/3 so just learn evaluation points and waffle about them as much as you can (what im plannning anyway)

and nice, those are the questions are the ones i would know how to answer!
Reply 6
Littlebee22
i know half an hour for 24 marks guttedd!!
but most marks are for evaluation, A02/3 so just learn evaluation points and waffle about them as much as you can (what im plannning anyway)

and nice, those are the questions are the ones i would know how to answer!

25 marks even. Im planning on intergrating every piece of description with a couple of evaluation points. Do you find the AQA textbook is really bad?
Reply 7
Yeah, I guess those topics sound like a reasonable assumption. I'm not worrying though, done all of it. Just a little worried about how little time they've given us. I mean, if we know it we know it, why can't it be 45 minutes per essay instead like most essay subjects?
Reply 8
Exactly, but surely the examiners take timing into consideration? How are you revising with just one day left?
Reply 9
arsenal_2692
25 marks even. Im planning on intergrating every piece of description with a couple of evaluation points. Do you find the AQA textbook is really bad?

yeah,

description
evaluation
synoptic point

because the questions could be 9 + 16 marks
or 10 +15marks or whatever so depending on the amount of marks, you know how much description or evaluation you need

and the textbooks alright, the one with the dog on the front?
I've tried to revise this and its just ridiculous. You can't possibly know enough for this exam.
S'why the grade boundaries were so low. It was like 40/74 UMS for an A in January
Theres like 4 threads on this exam already...
Reply 12
Littlebee22
yeah,

description
evaluation
synoptic point

because the questions could be 9 + 16 marks
or 10 +15marks or whatever so depending on the amount of marks, you know how much description or evaluation you need

and the textbooks alright, the one with the dog on the front?

No the 'exclusively endorsed by AQA' with a man on the front.
Reply 13
homebythefence
I've tried to revise this and its just ridiculous. You can't possibly know enough for this exam.
S'why the grade boundaries were so low. It was like 40/74 UMS for an A in January

AQA have put loads of information in the specification so the grade boundaries have to be low; I have stopped learning the names of minor studies like Shapiro and am just writing 'other studies show', because there are way too many to remember
arsenal_2692
No the 'exclusively endorsed by AQA' with a man on the front.

ah i dont have that one, I have 'Psychology A2' with a dog on the front not sure of the breed, might be a red setter,
its quite a good book.

do you need to get a specific grade for marks overall?
Reply 15
Littlebee22
ah i dont have that one, I have 'Psychology A2' with a dog on the front not sure of the breed, might be a red setter,
its quite a good book.

do you need to get a specific grade for marks overall?

What do you mean?
Reply 16
Could anyone help me? I have 126 UMS points from PSYA1 and A2 (i got a B and a D, i'm not very good at psychology). I've been looking around on the internet but I can't find anywhere what points I need in the next two exams in order to get a B overall. Rep to anyone who can answer.
Reply 17
roarbanana
Could anyone help me? I have 126 UMS points from PSYA1 and A2 (i got a B and a D, i'm not very good at psychology). I've been looking around on the internet but I can't find anywhere what points I need in the next two exams in order to get a B overall. Rep to anyone who can answer.

Well it would probably need to make 70% overall; you will probably need two solid B's which is in the region of 40/75 for each I assume, not exactly sure though.
roarbanana

Okay well in UMS points its:

320 for an A
280 for a B
240 for a C
200 for a D

However the UMS will depend on the grade boundaries on each exam.

So in order to get a B you would need to get an average of 77 UMS which are high B's on each:smile:
arsenal_2692
What do you mean?

what grade do you need to get in this paper to get the marks for your grade overall?

i need a C to get a B overall

so im not panicking as much for this exam as for say... english

theres so much content to learn for this unit i think thats what makes it harder

Latest

Trending

Trending