The Student Room Group

My chest hurts...have I had too many energy drinks?

So I never drink energy drinks, and I mean never, but I've got an important exam on Monday so I got some of those cans of Lucozade Alert this morning. I've been feeling really tired and lazy lately and I thought drinking them would help me sharpen up so I could do some good last minute revision. I had 2 with my lunch and I've just cracked open another one. I had a headache but it has gone since I started drinking it, but now my chest really hurts! I am worried I've overdosed on caffeine or something?!

They have 32mg/100ml of caffeine or something which I believe is the same as red bull?

Advice please! Is 3 too many for one day? I swear loads of people have a lot during exam time!
Reply 1
I have heard that too many can bring about death.

I'm not sure if I can say what is too many but if after drinking them your chest hurts then I would advise stopping.
3 is nothing, you pussy.
I don't get the whole paranoia with energy drinks because there is more caffeine in a cup of coffee than there is in an energy drink and they say you can have up to 4 cups of coffee a day and still be safe.
Reply 4
dancingshoes10
I don't get the whole paranoia with energy drinks because there is more caffeine in a cup of coffee than there is in an energy drink and they say you can have up to 4 cups of coffee a day and still be safe.

Basically this.

I think you're being paranoid OP, 3 energy drinks isn't going to kill you.
Reply 5
Someone in my year at school got heart palpitations from overdosing on energy drinks, but she was drinking like five cans a day every day, long-term. I doubt three cans will really affect you much, if it's worrying you then just don't drink any more. And if the chest pains continue, see a doctor!
Reply 6
Lol funny answer but I’ve had one and my chest hurt, I fight in three different sports and also an ex paratrooper, does that make me a pussy ?
Reply 7
Original post by Will03
Lol funny answer but I’ve had one and my chest hurt, I fight in three different sports and also an ex paratrooper, does that make me a pussy ?

I get chest pains sometimes a few hours after a starbucks/costa latte
I'm 14 at 180 pounds, I drank 1 everyday this week and 2 yesterday, right now I'm drinking another but my chest is hurting.😅I should probably slow down.
Original post by bingobongo
never drink energy drinks, and I mean never, but I've got an important exam on Monday so I got some of those cans of Lucozade Alert this morning. I've been feeling really tired and lazy lately and I thought drinking them would help me sharpen up so I could do some good last minute revision. I had 2 with my lunch and I've just cracked open another one. I had a headache but it has gone since I started drinking it, but now my chest really hurts! I am worried I've overdosed on caffeine or something?!

They have 32mg/100ml of caffeine or something which I believe is the same as red bull?

Advice please! Is 3 too many for one day? I swear loads of people have a lot during exam time!

Caffeine cause blood vessels to narrow so lots of caffeine to someone without a tolerance can feel like a heart attack where the vessels are blocked however it’s mostly just a placebo
Caffeine makes your blood vessels narrow so lots of caffeine as someone without a tolerance can feel similar to a heart attack where a vessel is blocked but it is mostly a placebo

Latest