The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Wow loads of people are expecting A*s
Reply 21
Ollie53
Was predicted A*A*AAa, but realistically (seeing how C4 went... :facepalm2:) I don't think that's going to happen at all. Would be happy with AAA :biggrin:

Yeah, i'd be over the moon with the AAA, its still a fantastic achievement :yep:
Was predicted A*A*A* because of AS results, but only just 80% and 82% in bio and chem modules in january -___- so physics is my only (realistic) hope
But I really don't care, as long as I get 3A's (uni offer is AAB) I really don't care, because A-levels are just a platform on which to get a much more valuable degree :biggrin:
I'm expecting one tbh, need 85% or something in my last exam and got 98% in my jan exam....

Not that i need it, but would be ncie to have an A* in chem before doing a degree in it...:smile:
Tommyjw
If i've worked it out right.. i will for business if i get like 95% of my last module, which wont happen but atleast i know theres a chance xD
Then again.. im the "average student", much unlike most people on TSR. So im gonna be followed by many clever peeps.

You have a chance. I thought I had a right stinker during my unit 2 exam but bizarrely scored 120 out of the 120 ums on offer. Also, if you do AQA like myself, BUSS4 was a nice exam as you could actually develop a flowing essay rather than the rigid format we usually have to stick to and there's a lot of room for creativity. Impress the examiner with your style and I imagine they might be willing to gloss over any minor issues with the substance.

Good luck.
Reply 25
I'm predicted 2.. but I doubt I'll get any. Not too fussed.

I'd be so pleased with 1, but I think i'm pretty hit and miss in exams, so it might come down to luck.

I should get 5As, which I'll be over the moon about.
I don't really care for them. My offer is AAA and I'm sure that I'll get 4 A grades (due to my results leading up to June and current performance) so anything else is a welcome bonus and simply serves to inflate my ego. Do I think that it'll prove anything if I got an A* in a subject? Not at all. I think they're just there to paper over the GCEs' cracks.

Perhaps the Education Dept (or whatever that government function happens to be named) should conduct a study over the next 3 or 4 years to judge whether A* students actually perform better during university than A grade students. I'm skeptical, but such a study might just determine whether it really is a credible method of differentiation.

I'd rather use the quotient rule. :biggrin:
Reply 27
Don't think I'll get any :cry2:
Reply 29
predicted two, possibly might get 1, but I need 91% in my last exam and I haven't revised.

I have to say getting an A* doesn't make you particularly amazing, I think it is just an indicator of how hard you worked, I.e learning the textbook back to front and doing countless past papers.
*MJ*
Not so much "expecting" but wanting an A* in Maths.

Do I think i've got over 89% in Core 4.

Honest answer: No. :sigh:

So you got 91 in C3?

I got 89 in C3, and needed 91 in C4.

Do I think I've got over 91% in C4?

No. But I do have masala flavoured condoms.
Reply 31
I have a chance of getting 3 :smile: or 4 if you include gs LOL.

I certainly need one anyway, or I will be trapped in a bottomless pit of despair forevz.
Predicted 3 in Chem Bio and Maths.

But it's looking more like 2 atm, A*A*A with an A in Maths thanks to MEI C4.
Hoping for an A* in Maths, and probably Physics.
None :frown:
Sad because I could have got one in business.
It's quite likely I'll get one in Biology, but I really couldn't care less to be honest. I just want get into uni, so need to get AB in Chemistry and Geography.
Reply 36
Perhaps one in further maths to go with my A* from last year in maths; S2 and M2 are pretty straightforward. I very much doubt I'll get one in biology or chemistry.
im expecting 1..in trying to talk **** out of my backside when i miss my grade so my firm can still let me in..:mmm:
emanuel_arsenalfc
im expecting 1..in trying to talk **** out of my backside when i miss my grade so my firm can still let me in..:mmm:

Hmm I'm not sure universities really value it though, apparently it's a 'soft' subject :wink:
Reply 39
c0nfus3d
Don't think I'll get any :cry2:

A's are also good! :yep:

Latest