The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

|Misanthropy|
The NHS is the one part of society that I will do no little than defend, in all circumstances. We have the most incredible healthcare system, it half defines this country - I fully support the NHS. We really don't know how lucky we are. It's a shame we can't apply the motif the NHS encompasses to other aspects of our collective lives.

I'd pay any percentage of taxes, if only to maintain the NHS. There is no price on life, this from an Athiest if it's releveant.

:top:
SciFiBoy
imo they should fully subsidise all medication too :smile:

Would you be prepared to pay the excess in further taxation?
Phalanges
Would you be prepared to pay the excess in further taxation?

of course, how can you put a price on a basic quality of life for people? the welfare of society as a whole is much more important than personal greed.
SciFiBoy
of course, how can you put a price on a basic quality of life for people?

With NICE's Quality Adjusted Life Years.

But aside from that rather philosophical debate, with prescriptions there is a basic quality of life; you do not have to pay for medication if you are living off the state. To say that prescription cost is depriving people of basic quality of life is a little bit silly (in fact, there is a line of thought that suggests that by having a small cost people are less likely to get the medication if they don't need it, allowing you to free up resources for those who do).

Latest

Trending

Trending