The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jamz0770
Ah alright well I fear I may end up with AAC or ABC this year and therefore miss my ABB offer, my school didnt offer economics :frown: which is actually a major interest of mine so I'd hope after a gap year (if necessary) I'd have AAAB with possibly another a level

SAME! what do you say youve been doing for an extra year?!
Reply 21
palringo0418

Get revising over Summer - Buy a good text book, if you go on AQA gimme a PM and I'll show you some good ones, only know about AQA Economics textbooks!
Reply 22
CherryCherryBoomBoom
I've been having a rather bad time in sixth form these past two years. I used to be in the top group all throughout school, but when it got to A Levels things just went downhill for me :frown:. I had been planning to do Year 14 next year to finish off my A Levels I had started late, and maybe to do resits, but I'm really fed up of my school and doing A Levels, so I think I may just quit education for now and go work in Abu Dhabi for at least a year. It'll give me a break from education, I get to try something new, and maybe think longer about what I really want to do :yep:. That's my plan for now, I hope it goes OK.

i missed my grades for med school last year - got a D in biology A Level and whilst i did well at GCSE it was just a complete shock (i mean c'mon how many doctors get these sorts of grades?). I took a "gap year" this year but spent it resitting AS/A2 Chemistry and biology in one year and am now on track for AA. I hated my sixth form and was very depressed there - it is one of the many reasons i missed my grades. In the end i switched to a different college completely - i had to commute an hour a day and honestly it was the best decision i made in hindsight. It felt really weird at first having the amount of support from teachers i had but it was worth it. Not only have my grades gone up dramatically but i have learnt so much about life in the real world and become more flexible and have realised that **** happens and you have just got to deal with it. the only thing i regret is that i had to lose my medical school offer to realise this all. i advise you switch to an fe college if possible
Reply 23
palringo0418

You mean what will I say I've done for the extra year if I re-applied next year?
kc91
i missed my grades for med school last year - got a D in biology A Level and whilst i did well at GCSE it was just a complete shock (i mean c'mon how many doctors get these sorts of grades?). I took a "gap year" this year but spent it resitting AS/A2 Chemistry and biology in one year and am now on track for AA. I hated my sixth form and was very depressed there - it is one of the many reasons i missed my grades. In the end i switched to a different college completely - i had to commute an hour a day and honestly it was the best decision i made in hindsight. It felt really weird at first having the amount of support from teachers i had but it was worth it. Not only have my grades gone up dramatically but i have learnt so much about life in the real world and become more flexible and have realised that **** happens and you have just got to deal with it. the only thing i regret is that i had to lose my medical school offer to realise this all. i advise you switch to an fe college if possible

Yeah, I was already thinking of going to college, either to finish my current A Levels or start again in something else, so it's still a possible option for me at the moment. But thanks for telling me your story, it's quite encouraging, and it's good that things turned around for you :smile:
I'm taking a gap year with yini to get some work experience and some moneys, should be good fun.
Hopefully won't have to do any resits as I think I can make my offer, but i guess it's not as bad as I've already got a gap year planned so it wouldn't be like a wasted year just to re-apply

kc91

What're you doing next year?
Reply 26
MackaBizzle

What're you doing next year?

i'm going to reapply to medical school while in the first year of my pharmacy degree. it's risky but in this life i believe you won't get anywhere without taking risks

Latest