The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Likelihood of getting in with missed offer?

Does anyone know how lenient KCL are with missed offers?

I have a contextual offer of BBB for a course which I believe shouldn't be oversubscribed. However, after botching an exam for one of my subjects I feel like unfortunately I might be looking at a C in it :s-smilie:

I have an achieved A from last year and I think I'll get either an A or A* in my other subject - I think I'll get AAC or A*AC overall (Plus hopefully an A in EPQ and A/B in an AS subject)

Would KCL let that pass?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know how lenient KCL are with missed offers?

I have a contextual offer of BBB for a course which I believe shouldn't be oversubscribed. However, after botching an exam for one of my subjects I feel like unfortunately I might be looking at a C in it :s-smilie:

I have an achieved A from last year and I think I'll get either an A or A* in my other subject - I think I'll get AAC or A*AC overall (Plus hopefully an A in EPQ and A/B in an AS subject)

Would KCL let that pass?

are you in year 12 or 13?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
are you in year 12 or 13?

Year 13
Reply 3
I can’t say for certain but if your offer is BBB and you get AAC/A*AC you’ll probably be fine. UCAS points also matter. The entry requirements for my course are A*AA, I got A*A*B in my a-levels and still got an offer, however it might be different because I already had my grades when I applied (gap year).

As long as you get the same in terms of points you should be okay, but don’t take my word for it. In fact AAC is actually more ucas points than BBB so I’m sure you’ll be fine with that
Reply 4
Original post by S9715
I can’t say for certain but if your offer is BBB and you get AAC/A*AC you’ll probably be fine. UCAS points also matter. The entry requirements for my course are A*AA, I got A*A*B in my a-levels and still got an offer, however it might be different because I already had my grades when I applied (gap year).

As long as you get the same in terms of points you should be okay, but don’t take my word for it. In fact AAC is actually more ucas points than BBB so I’m sure you’ll be fine with that

Thanks so much for the reply. I've literally been losing sleep about it so that makes me feel a bit better!

Quick Reply

Latest