The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Haven't you applied for accommodation with the Uni?
If you're coming from abroad, they HAVE to give you accommodation if they've accepted you.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
OP, apply through the university for accommodation unless you want to go for a house with a couple of people you've found online already. I'd really recommend jumping into halls, on or off campus, or into university-arranged accommodation, for first year - it makes life a lot easier! See http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/how_to_apply.htm for more info :smile:

If you're really set on a house though, you need to be looking at the Unipol web-site, and the student noticeboards to find other people to live with:

http://www.unipol.org.uk/nottingham/
http://www.netletnottingham.co.uk/noticeboard/default.asp

Hope this helps :smile:

cuppcakee
Haven't you applied for accommodation with the Uni?
If you're coming from abroad, they HAVE to give you accommodation if they've accepted you.

No, they don't. Nottingham does have an accommodation guarantee for first-year students though:

Nottingham Hospitality
The Accommodation Guarantee

To guarantee a place in University-arranged accommodation* for 2010/2011 you'll need to:

1. Firmly accept your offer of a course place at The University of Nottingham
2. Apply to us for accommodation from 1 March 2010 onwards and before the deadline of 1 August 2010
3. Accept your accommodation offer and the terms and conditions by the given deadline

*University-arranged accommodation includes accommodation that is owned and managed by the University or external developers with whom relationships have been developed over a number of years. Monthly liaison meetings take place between the University and each provider. University-arranged accommodation sites are:

Albion House, Bonington Hall, Broadgate Park, Cloister House, Jubilee Campus Halls of Residence, Raleigh Park, St Peters Court, University Park Halls of Residence
Reply 3
I can do my accomodation with the uni but i have some doubts:
I only want to go to the raleigh park; but they force me to put 3 options;
1 Raleigh park
2 Raleigh park (flat)
3 Option

If only i want to go the first option and the univ of Nott rects me I Would be forced compulsory to pay and stay for my third option?or i can change to another option?¿
Reply 4
nottsman
I can do my accomodation with the uni but i have some doubts:
I only want to go to the raleigh park; but they force me to put 3 options;
1 Raleigh park
2 Raleigh park (flat)
3 Option

If only i want to go the first option and the univ of Nott rects me I Would be forced compulsory to pay and stay for my third option?or i can change to another option?¿

Making choices on the accommodation form doesn't mean you're signing a contract for the place, so just put something popular down for the 3rd choice. I'd be surprised if you didn't get into Raleigh Park with it being your first and second choices :smile:
Reply 5
Ok Thanks!!! I have done the apply and i´m waiting for the answer...........

RALEIGH PaRk forEvER!!! hahaha

Latest

Trending

Trending