The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLan Accommodation Thread

Welcome to the official UCLan accommodation page. :hello:

The average monthly rent at UCLan is the 3rd cheapest in the UK and the cheapest in the North West (Save the Student, 2023)

We currently offer the following accommodation across our campuses:
Preston campus
Derwent
Douglas
Pendle
Ribble
Roeburn
Whitendale

Burnley campus
Sandygate Hall

Westlakes campus
Summergrove Hall

Here at UCLan we guarantee a room in halls, on campus, for all new full-time students at our Preston Campus. You can learn more on how to apply for any of our accommodations here.

We are here to help you with any questions and if you would like further information on any of our accommodation please do not hesitate to ask. :smile:

UCLan TSR team
Fantastic thread, thank you for sharing :smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
I’m going to start my MBBS foundation at Westlakes campus this September and I looking for people to share accommodation because share accommodation will much cheaper.
Hi there @hanzla30, :smile:

We hope to welcome you this September!

We do offer accommodation at our Westlakes campus. Summergrove Halls is located only a 15 minute walk from lectures and seminars. Each self-catering bedroom has access to a bright and modern shared kitchen. All bedrooms at Summergrove Hall are en-suite and have access to a shared lounge area. You can learn more about Summergrove Halls here.

If you have any questions about accommodation or life here at UCLan I am more than happy to help! :smile:

Best wishes,
Sarah
Hi,

Can the students just arrive anytime on the Sunday or will they be given a moving in time slot in a couple of weeks or so?

Is parking available close to the Uni Halls to drop off?

Will their be any Welcome Week or Freshers Week activities at any point on the Sunday or will this not start until the Monday?

When will students receive their timetables please?

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Can the students just arrive anytime on the Sunday or will they be given a moving in time slot in a couple of weeks or so?

Will their be any Welcome Week or Freshers Week activities at any point on the Sunday or will this not start until the Monday?

Thanks

I've already got my timetable, idk much about freshers tho. There seems to be some info on the student union website but idk if buying tickets would be worth it.
I haven’t received. timetable yet, or a move in slot I have only booked accommodation.

But I only found out I had a place from UCAS and then had to phone the Clearing helpline to be given my registration number. Have heard nothing about a moving in slot yet.
Hi,

Thanks

Hey,

Usually students will be provided with a time slot - I would recommend emailing [email protected] to confirm when this is and please check any junk mail folders in case you may have missed it :smile:

There will be parking available close to all halls for dropping off and usually there are large trolleys etc that you can use so that you don't have to carry everything which we know can be tiring! There will be lots of staff and student ambassadors around to help too. You might find this photo album a helpful insight into what you can expect from move-in day:

Timetables are beginning to be issued so you should hopefully receive access soon if you haven't already - have you tried logging into MyUCLan at all? Here's a useful couple of links too:

Welcome Info
Welcome FAQ's

Freshers activities will start from 22 September and a full list of events can be found on our SU's website.

Hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you very soon!

^Zoe
I haven’t received. timetable yet, or a move in slot I have only booked accommodation.

But I only found out I had a place from UCAS and then had to phone the Clearing helpline to be given my registration number. Have heard nothing about a moving in slot yet.

Hey,

If you're struggling please email the team on [email protected] who will be happy to help :smile:

Thanks
^Zoe
Thinking about studying at UCLan? Did you know?

We guarantee a room in halls, on campus, for all new full-time students at our Preston Campus. 🏡

Our average monthly rent is the 3rd cheapest in the UK and the cheapest in the North West (Save the Student, 2023). 💷

All of our Preston student accomodation is located on or very close to campus and everything you need is only a short walk away so you won't need to worry about being late for classes because the bus turned up late. 🚌

Living in student halls is an exciting part of your university experience and we offer a wide range of affordable accommodation options which you can explore here.

Here's what's included in all of our halls:
-Bills
-Wi-Fi / Ethernet ports
-Single bed
-CCTV
-Oven/cooker
-White goods
-Launderette
-Residential team on-site

To help you get a better look at our accomodation, join one of our students Julia for a tour of Derwent Halls on our Preston campus and see how she's made it feel like home: (4) A student accommodation tour with Julia - YouTube

Let us know is you have any questions about student accomodation here at UCLan! 😊
(edited 5 months ago)
Want a guaranteed room on campus in halls? We have you covered 🙌

All new full-time students at our Preston Campus can live on-site, with average monthly rent at UCLan ranked 3rd cheapest in the UK and the cheapest in the North West (Save the Student NSS Accommodation Survey 2023). 🏠

If you have any questions about our accomodation options please feel free to ask. 😊

Discover more.
At UCLan (Preston campus) we guarantee a place in halls for all new full-time students. 🏠

Living on campus offers a safe and supportive way of transitioning into life at university, and it's a great way to meet new friends.

If you are a UCLan offer holder for September 2024, applications for accommodation are now open! You can apply for your accommodation when you have a firm offer and have received your G number.

Until then you can learn more about our accommodation here 👇
https://www.uclan.ac.uk/accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending