The Student Room Group

Girls with large feet

Girls!
I'm interested in finding out what size feet girls have, as I'm an 8/9, and find buying shoes a nightmare, partly because i also have very narrow feet. at least with this heat, i can wear flip flops which is easy!
where do larger feet girls find shoes? i went to clarkes the other day with my mum, had a sale on, tried the largest shoes they had there, a size 8, and they were painfully small!
what can i do? does anyone know places where you can buy big shoes, that aren't too pricey?

Scroll to see replies

What's your height OP. I think I have large feet since the average size is 5
I'm 5'7 and size 7 feet :sad: But all the shoes I like that are affordable are always in a size 6 or below :dry:
Reply 2
Unfortunately, you have to shell out a bit more for bigger shoes. Designer ones tend to fit me, not ridiculously over-priced designer, but still pricey enough. Converse, Red or Dead, that kinda make.

Occasionally I've found some nice shoes in the size 9 section in New Look, which are prety cheap (usually around £20), but like I said, it is only on occasion.

I'm like you, big and narrow feet though. Shoe shopping is a nightmare.
Dorothy Perkins do lovely sandals. :smile:

Also try Shoe Zone, there are quite a few hideous pairs in there but if you search around there are some very nice ones too.

Also, try Long Tall Sally.
i've noticed topshop do size 9 now- and Faith (the topshop shoe brand).

i'm an 8, and used to have the same problem you're having now. shoe shopping was a total nightmare, and it was often a case of get what they have in my size, rather than what i actually liked. now the situation is better as shops stock more 8s. i bet in a few years you will be having less of a problem aswell. feet are getting bigger with each generation.

anyway, i feel your pain.
Reply 5
It's just as bad at the other end of the scale, I'm a 2.5 (3's can sometimes fit me, depending on the make!) Makes it a nightmare finding shoes, especially as shops seems to stock only 1 or 2 pairs of the biggest and smallest sizes, I do feel your pain!
i'm about 5'7 - 5'8, which i don't think is excessive. my mum has quite small feet, size 5, same height as me, thank goodness, if she had big feet i'd be huge. my feet don't look big, but they are!
the thing is with new look is that they say they're a 9, but often their shoes just come up really small, so what they call a 9 is actually a 7 or 8. also, they're far too wide for my feet, they just fall off all the time!

i think i'll have to have a bit of a look around!
Reply 7
Topshops size 9 isnt a true 9 more an 8 and a half. Office do size 9 again slighly small but they tend to stretch.
Have you tried tallgirls.co.uk. Most of the stuff isnt that nice but sometimes some are ok.
I'm 6ft and hate having big feet!! Been such a problem...
Reply 8
I vary between sizes 7-9, depending where I go. Usually, I shop at New Look (in size 8s), which aren't too pricey. Wyndsors sizes are pretty good (I'm a 9 there), and they are cheap enough, but (unfortunately) I find the quality is pretty poor, and the shoe doesn't last that long (usually 6 months - a year), but as they're cheap, I suppose I can't complain. I also shop at Dorothy Perkins (size 8), that aren't too bad and Shoe Zone (size 7-8), which again are pretty cheap, but I find better qualty than Wyndsors :smile:
Reply 9
Accessorize do gorgeous flats and sandals, their size 8s are large, like size 9s.
Reply 10
I have size 9 feet too....when I qualify I'm happily gonna let my fellow vets chop a few of my toes off
Reply 11
My sister is 1,68m and takes a size 9. We have clown feet in our family; I'm 1,83m and take a 13.
Reply 12
height 5'2" or 3"
i thought my 5 and a half was troublesome, i do empathise.
I'm a 7, but in some places an 8. I remember when I spent the whole day trying to find shoes and couldn't find a 7 anywhere.:emo: I have narrow feet as well OP.:h:
I'm a 7.5-8, my sis is an 8 and my best mate's sis is a 9...

We all manage to find shoes that fit in NewLook, M&S ShoeZone and Dorothy Perkins.

I have wide feet though :s-smilie:
New Look, it has all a big foot ever needs :smile:
Reply 16
My friend is size 9. Have you tried New Look? When I went with her to look for shoes I was surprised to find the number of size 9s they had there, and the New Look in my town is really tiny. There may be even more in some of the bigger ones :smile:
Barratts, Brantano, Long Tall Sally.

Evans also do shoes up to a 10, my friend has size 9 feet but can fit hers into the size 8's from Dune.

I have size 12 feet so imagine how hard it is for me! :frown:
Try asos, faith, office but you have to get them quick because they always go quickly
LongTallAlly
Barratts, Brantano, Long Tall Sally.

Evans also do shoes up to a 10, my friend has size 9 feet but can fit hers into the size 8's from Dune.

I have size 12 feet so imagine how hard it is for me! :frown:

How tall are you?

Latest